Nexus Mods centralisation complete, we now support mods for all games

Dark0ne

Been here for awhile now and I have to say that the ideas implemented are great. Of course, nothing was expected to be perfect right from the start nor after decisions such as this, and it may never sit well with some people. Still, after having browsed the internet for those other modding communities, I have to say that nexusmods.com has been my only source for mods. I haven't donated to the site mostly because Skyrim is the only game I have on the PC and I barely have much time to play it (haven't even finished dawnguard or dragonborn yet). Most of the mods I select are those involving immersion or nice simple changes to my HUD ( iHUD being my favorite so far ).

The way the nexus works is also such a good idea, not needing a membership or anything to download mods and allowing the public to decide if they wish to support them. Its very comforting knowing that, while I may not be a premium member or a donating one, they don't hold it against me and still let me browse through their files to find mods I would like to try for free. I know I can get my mods for free elsewhere, but the nexus offers such an organized way to do it and the Nexus Mod Manager has to be their best selling point and yet there is no charge to use it.

In many ways the site reminds me of the College of Winterhold, no expectations, just a place to share, test and implement ideas with one another so that we may all benefit from the results and enjoy our PC games to their fullest.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #10412852.

I have Been a member since 2008 and this is the first time I have had any major troubles using the site. The Nexus team has always been on top of things, from my observations. Give the crew a little time to sort the new deployment out.

Fallout Forever :)

Not sure if this is because of the link or some other problem, but when uploading a mod after hitting submit on the "choose game" category it appears to reload the same page, then be unable to load any further. (I have checked this on multiple computers and with multiple internet programs with the same result) Just thought you should know. Keep up the amazing work!

Edit: I've found a way around the issue, just change the place in the url were it says: step=1 to say step=2 and it will advance you.

Edited by HeirOfTheSeptems

Ya know I have been reading some of the comments in this forum and it completely pisses me off when folks complain. The folks that maintain this site do an outstanding job. Yes there are some bugs but they just changed things and most likely for the better. Give them a chance to work things out. Sometimes when you fix something other things get broke. NMM has problems right now but, they are aware of them are working towards fixing them. In closing, thank you NEXUS for providing this site and I wish you all a great holiday season.

I'm logged in here, but I can't log in on the mods section. I get redirected to the "All Mods" page.

Even though I'm logged in here,when I try to go to the Mods(Skyrim) pages the same thing happens.

I can't download, because I'm not logged in.

I'm in the UK, Premium Membership(Lifetime)

Any ideas?

I'm in the same boat it appears. I'm not a premium member but I am unable to log in to any of the sites to access my files and I keep getting redirected to the main page with all the various sites. No option to request a password change either if that is the problem.

PS.. Not a complaint as much as a report that I am also experiencing the same issue as others and I know eventually it'll all work out.

Edited by Ariont50

Not sure if this is because of the link or some other problem, but when uploading a mod after hitting submit on the "choose game" category it appears to reload the same page, then be unable to load any further. (I have checked this on multiple computers and with multiple internet programs with the same result) Just thought you should know. Keep up the amazing work!

Sorry but this is just a*s kissing to me.

Ofc they do what they can, because it's their job. Let people complain if they want to, because they're allowed to.

What about premium members? People who put a lot of money in this site? Are those allowed to complain?

Everyone acts like the admins run this site out of pure kindness, what is pretty naiv to think.

If they had nothing off this site, they would probably just shut it down.

I am trying to download mods, and the servers don't appear to be working (the free ones, anyway). I assume its a problem with the servers, as most of them appear to have 0 people downloading. If it isn't, then that means something in the new update has buggered up me pc.

EDIT: Seems to be working now, good job guys!

Edited by pottypie

Premium Lifetimer. Can't log in front page, get kicked to All Files page. In forums, logged in. Can no longer connect to file pages within NMM, get directed to server page as though I were downloading. Got the ads back but thankfully not the one with toenail fungus. :)

I can't download mods for Skyrim, I thought it might be the one mod, but then I tried a few others. Everytime they get int othe downoad manager they say download, but sbout 5 minutes after it says error. I've unistalled and re-installed the manager and it still won't download :( I even tried manual download and that dosen't work. Is this because the servers are busy or something else ?