Modding : Epic, Steam or Gog ?

ultravomiter

Hi everyone,

I asked myself this question, and search it a bit on google not to find anything. So i thought i would came here, where maybe more people could give me an answer.

Which launcher is the best, in terms of modding ?
I just listed these 3 launchers cause they're the most used, i guess, but i'm willing to hear what people can say about rockstar games, blizzard games, ubisoft, etc.
And second, i ask myself this question as a gamer, but the question stand also from a dev/modder point of view.

My first guess is : since gog is DRM free, the software of the game must be easier to work on / change, but is that true ?
And gog aside, is epic better or worse than steam ?

I hesitated with the debate section, but i think it's still a gaming discussion, so here i am.

Happy whatever you have on this year's end, and see you !

ultra

Gog being DRM free is an advantage.

Steam and Epic seem to have basically the same software.

But it also depends how long the game has been on each platform. Steam has such a long lead time for Bethesda games, for example, that everything is already built for Steam and the Creation Kits are available only through Steam.

But, I'd imagine it varies between games.

• 1 month later...

GOG is great if you really, really want DRM free games. If you don't entirely care that much about DRM then:

I'd have to say Steam is the best platform out there. Say what you will about Steam, I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon. The amount of features built into the framework compared to many other platforms out there is practically unmatched still to this day.

They've had a long time to build their main platform Steam and themselves up to the great reputation they currently have (aside from youknowwhat HL3 - any decade now)

Can't recommend Steam enough. #1 must have