Day 1 patches, fixes, cure for the slowness and NMM temporarily down

Dark0ne

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a problem, when I receive a notification about an update to the mod I'm tracking, clicking the link sent me to the main page because there aren't correct game directory in the address.

The other thing: Would be possible to enable manual editing of descriptions and version info in the offline mode of NMM? I have a feeling that it could be quite useful in the times like these, when the NMM is forced to be offline for several days. Mods are still published, updated and it is still possible to download them manually. Thank you for considering.

Edited by starfis

In response to post #10419760. #10431797 is also a reply to the same post.

I just wonder what the logic behind all the yelling and screaming some are doing is, it's not as if all that ranting is actually going to make anyone do anything differently.

The work takes time, and there's only so much that the team can do at any given point - so a group of people screaming "WTF?!!! Get it fixed now!" at everyone is pretty much just going to be ignored and work will continue as before.

Still, the work goes on, so I say thanks to all the patient and understanding people for sticking it out. I'm sure you'll all appreciate the final results.

im a bit annoyed, if only because i bought premium like 2 hours before all this started and haven't been able to use it at all yet. i mean what is it 2 dollar a month, so ive lost like 15 cent, but still.. Love the work and and i will help all i can sending mental encouragements.

2 hours later and i'm more than happy to report that i too am "browsing around the various games on the network without a care in the world, split-seconds of loading times between each click."

also downloading manually w/o issue. so as of now this post is no longer applicable, at least in my case.

i will no longer be monitoring it for replies...especially those from the peanut gallery.

navigation has been extremely slow, as in just over a minute to load a page. last night it perked up a little bit but this morning it's back to a crawl.

sometimes when trying to download manually just after bringing up the server list i click on my choice and get sent to a page that has nothing on it but the address starts with 'fs3.", page being completely white. other times instead of the server list i get a smaller red box letting me know that an error has occurred.

and finally, at least half of my manual downloads don't fully download, it says completed but nothing will open it and a check of the filesize shows a discrepancy. i've checked it from my side by downloading random from filehippo, sourceforge and download.com and everything works just fine. most recent problem was with "Real Ice ALL-IN-ONE Installer by morpheas768-5388-V3". it downloaded 20 of 23 mb and claimed finished. a second try netted a complete download.

apologies if this is the wrong place for this, if you'll be so kind as to point me to the right place i'll put it over there.

thanks and good luck with sorting out the issues, i look forward to the excellent seamless site i discovered just a short time ago that introduced me to the world of modding TESV.

Edited by sbbarnett

In response to post #10419760. #10431797, #10431882 are all replies on the same post.

DB maintenance in general is a pain in the rectum. I applaud all you nexus moderators for having the stones to actually do it. I cheated a few years back, with a site I was admin for, which fortunately only had a couple of hundred users. Rather than go through the pain of trying to port the DB over to the new system, I just set up a new DB and made everyone make new accounts... fortunately for me, it worked, because no one was out of pocket because of it.

At the end of the day, to me the objective seemed to be to make a more streamlined process for users, when there was nothing stopping you from letting the site continue with the occasional hiccup to the user.

Here's hoping the rest of the issues aren't TOO painful to fix.