Fallout Launcher Exe 1.1.12.0
Fallout Exe 1.7.0.3
Geck Came with the Game.
FOSE latest version installed
Geck Power Up
NMM for Mod Manager.

My character is currently at level 3

Issue

Created a container re spawning and add caps to vendor mod using the GECK that came with the game. Added caps do show properly in the Vendor buy/sell template. Upon hitting the complete transaction button game instantly crashes.

My Mod adds 2 unique non spawning dumpsters outside the gates of MegaTown, Thats the only world cell modification in the mod.

I had an odd occurrence where I sold my goods and it didnt crash but it didnt transfer any caps to me either. It took the items but it didn't pay out. I can at times also sell a few items at a time without a crash but if I sell bulk instant crash. Normally when it crashes the transaction is cancelled. It doesn't take the items and I don't get paid. This happens with all vendors.

I made no original changes to settings to the original vendor chest settings.

settings are currently set to, VendorcapBaseMed - Calculate for each Item in count. The chest itself does re spawn which is an original setting

There are two other Vendor cap items in the inventory their settings are blank. These are the exact same settings as the Fallout esm.
I have tried manipulating settings, Use All etc. Nothing still crashes. I returned them all back to their original settings.

I have disabled all other mods including the DLCs running just my mod and the Fallout esm and the problem still remains. Checked and cleaned with FO3 edit. There are no conflicts showing in the editor. Nothing red.

I have tried using the standard GOG game launchers. No Change. Keeps Crashing so it doesn't appear to be mod manager related.

Tried saving the file after cleaning using the non power up standard GECK. Nothing works. It just keeps crashing.

I downloaded another change vendor caps mod and tried it. Worked fine. I only ran it for a few transactions. I looked at it in the Geck and the item settings are customized. So it doesn't look like changing from use all to whatever other setting would be a crash issue. This mod actually added 1000 to the item count. I am only adding 8. So its not to many items in the count.

The problem appears to be directly involved with transferring items/caps to and from the vendor chest itself.

I am using the VendorChestBuried chest.

This mod was actually working for awhile. Then poof this happened. The mod is about a week old. Problem started when I hit level 3. I have started a new game several times. Same thing keeps happening.

I have been away from the game for several years. Just started playing again. I started using the Vortex manager but had problems removing old plug ins, setting up load order and getting my modded file to actually update so I switched to the NMM manager. I have scoured my computer to make sure there are no remaining Vortex files. I can't find any so I dont think and old file somewhere is causing issues. Maybe. But I cant find one.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

possibly due to some number cap being reached.

1. Does your shop cash over 32k? Dont let it over 32k in any circumstance. For safety, keep it around 10k more or less.

2. Reduce the item number count. Why would you need it that high? Keep it under 99. There is all kind of troubles attached to high number of items of same type/durability that get bought in shop.

Thank you for the reply.

I already solved the issue. It was Vortex related. When I uninstalled Vortex all the main files were removed . What I discovered later is Vortex also installs a file in every level of game folder files. meshes textures etc. hundreds of vortex files. I did a full re install and problem solved.

I did follow the proper uninstall procedure for Vortex. But it doesn't remove the Vortex files in all the Game folders. If you are using Vortex you can see these files. Look in your Fallout main and you will see it. It says "this file managed by_ Vortex". Look in Data and you will see it there. Then in every folder in meshes textures etc each sub folder will have that file.