Google Chrome

I use it occasionally if I need to quickly google something or whatever and I'm too lazy to wait for Firefox to load (I have about 10 tabs which all open on startup, so FF takes ages). It is pretty fast, but it has several major flaws which stop it from being a great browser. Two things which REALLY REALLY REALLY irritate me, are the fact that you cant just open downloads like you can with other browsers - instead of just clicking open and having it get downloaded to a temp folder, opened, then deleted when youre done with it, you have to save it, open it manually, then once youre done, navigate to the folder you saved it in and delete it manually.

The other thing is that it shares proxy settings with internet explorer, and for some stupid reason Microsoft have decided to make internet explorer's proxy settings the default settings for Windows. I originally downloaded Chrome so I could have a seperate browser with which to connect to TOR, while browsing normally in FF. But its either have TOR in Chrome, and in everything else too, or have it in nothing.

Whoops, that turned into a bit of a wall of text there, sorry ><

Just reminder that Chrome does not support Windows 7 at this time, personal experience. In later builds i think they will, cross's fingers.

I'm sure they will :thumbsup: :confused: .

From personal experience with trying to install it. It installs but does nothing when launching it, Blank screen.

There is a fix but it does not work for me.

Just reminder that Chrome does not support Windows 7 at this time, personal experience. In later builds i think they will, cross's fingers.

I'm sure they will :thumbsup: :confused: .

From personal experience with trying to install it. It installs but does nothing when launching it, Blank screen.

There is a fix but it does not work for me.

i use beta one with 7 and works great try it!!!

Tried it. Didn't like it. I take Portable Firefox with me everywhere.

Regarding Firefox taking forever to load, well...that's your fault. ;) I recommend only having www.google.com as your homepage with no other tabs open. Have your "favorite" sites that you visit most often in a separate bookmark folder and when you want to open them all up (rather than every single time you open Firefox), just use the Bookmarks --> Your Folder --> Open All in Tabs.

LHammonds

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm using it now, mostly to test, and I must say that I am very pleased with it! It's simple, but effective. And it's very fast!

But anyway, I'm thinking of going back to Firefox, as I have always loved it! :D

Since i can't get chrome working, i am using the 64bit version of firefox and its super fast, pages load in a blink of an eye. and not to mention super stable.