Is there a mod that adds a limit to container space?

andry9726

This reminds me of the good ol' Ultima Online days. When your containers and bank would only hold x amount of weight.

I was kinda thinking that it might be possible to go along the route that a lot of modern MMO's do, by giving you item slots within the container. X amount of slots, per container size.

But

I really don't see that as being easy to make game controller friendly :sad:

If implemented, this would only affect vanilla containers tho. Not ones added by mods.

And the modder would have to be sure to include both the containers out in the world, and the ones added via workshop.

I remember that there was a mod that upgraded some of the non-used vaultech containers. I don't remember when it was released but the modder had to literally go through ALL the vaults, and place those containers in the world manually.

It could probly be accomplished via script tho. And that method wouldn't require such a high level of tedium.

@Storm there are two that I know of, one also does wooden crates: Lootable Vault-Tec and Wooden Crates, the one I'm using is this: Lootable Crates.

Neither of them provide a limit. But does add the caveat of scrounger and other perks enhancing finds, so that may be factored as well. (i.e. scroungers pack better).

To be really sophisticated it could have an internal system that consigns the dimensions of an object and has to sort/figure if a fit is possible, like packing its own Diablo 1 inventory. :devil:

But seriously, it would be good to know the reason behind the request, with lootable crates I end up leaving a lot behind, sometimes going back later if I'm short stuff.

FYI: you don't have to take everything you find. :wink:

Can probably just limit/confine the Levelled Lists to your liking as well.

@Storm there are two that I know of, one also does wooden crates: Lootable Vault-Tec and Wooden Crates, the one I'm using is this: Lootable Crates.

Neither of them provide a limit. But does add the caveat of scrounger and other perks enhancing finds, so that may be factored as well. (i.e. scroungers pack better).

To be really sophisticated it could have an internal system that consigns the dimensions of an object and has to sort/figure if a fit is possible, like packing its own Diablo 1 inventory. :devil:

But seriously, it would be good to know the reason behind the request, with lootable crates I end up leaving a lot behind, sometimes going back later if I'm short stuff.

FYI: you don't have to take everything you find. :wink:

Can probably just limit/confine the Levelled Lists to your liking as well.

Wait, what?? You don't??? But, but, but.... My OCD!!!!!

Awesome find Blinx! Yes, that's the mod that I was referring to! :thumbsup:

Ok, released 2016. Older (but still really good) mod. Not sure when f4se was first released, so the method the author used, may have been what was only available, at the time. :unsure: :confused:

If I understand correctly, what you are referring to about the size.

Dude, I worked for Amazon. You're giving me massive flashbacks of having a 27" package and the robots only bringing me 24" boxes!! GAH!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I guess it would kinda depend on the complexity of the system. If it was done via scripting, and didn't involve having to go into the world maps to replace or place stuff... size of the package ur trying to stuff into the box (yes, I phrased it exactly like that for a reason! :laugh: :laugh: ) would take some serious dedication to the idea. It would be cool! But it wouild take a LOT of looking up references for the scripts.

Weight on the other hand... is already assigned. (Just don't use 0 weight mods).

and would be a lot easier.

Something along the lines of

On Additem container

Get containerweight

Get itemweight

If containerweight >125 send message: "This box is too full you cannot place that item in it."

Else if containerweight <125 additem container.

Along those lines, I seriously doubt that's the way any modern scripting language is being used.

125 being the weight the container can hold for the general idea... because.... Ultima Online. :laugh:

@HeyYou, I said you could go back... :devil:

@Storm Sorry 'bout the flashbacks, but yeah a lot like that. :unsure:

Unfortunately, I think my system would require a massive all-inclusive FLST, and that would pretty much tank the game or need to interact with every mod that come what may down the line.

Be a better tagalong addon for an item sorter perhaps. Nothing would prevent it from being bound by weight as well. :wink:

Late Edit: Just realized if "item bounds" were interpreted literally... The numbers exist at least. :geek:

*Ultima Online, a name I haven't heard in a while, but seriously what decently contained item or container is very practical beyond 125 weight units? (That's what we got brahmin for). :laugh:

Aside: would love to have materials have weights, and weight be in-line product of materials- in general.

Then all things could indeed be relative. Not only could physics offsets be universal, but your companion would not be able to shove you around, or you could shove them back with weight on ya.

Or wait a minute, does that happen because you have no body in 1st person? :ermm:

Anyway someone clever here could probably hook up 1 script to limit all container weight limits effectively, and then perhaps even specifically (to type).

Great opportunity for patch makers if it ever catches on.

Guessing it'd be easiest to just use a keyword on the base object for capacity and a conditional script to enforce it for LL and additem, like Storm is saying. (Or some such thing). :sweat: <- Still wet behind the ears here.

Count all the items in a container, get their weight, then have the last item removed back to the player inventory whenever your limit is exceeded.

You can do it with a perk menu, or simple OnActivate with canceling the original function.

What I personally modded is having containers removed from the game world after a random amount of game time, as if someone has taken them. I also allow to salvage them. For a wasteland the game tends to feed you with masses of constantly respawning goodies. I wonder where they come from.

...For a wasteland the game tends to feed you with masses of constantly respawning goodies. I wonder where they come from.

The "Good Zetan's" are just shuffling everything around from -30000ZaxisLand.

Otherwise, your method seems sound. Not zeroed in enough to pull it off myself, but it sounds like you could pull it off. :wink: