ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

Wich mod cause crashing?

Skorzeny8814

Having all of the FasterArrows .esps active is silly; pick one and deactivate/delete the rest.

That. Those unnecessary mods.

SkyHair is a very well known mod, and many people (including myself) use it without issues. Try using the ShowRaceMenu Precache Killer SKSE plugin to deal with the crashing having so many hairs causes. Note that this only stops crashing in the character creation screen, no where else.

There are no other issues I know of with SkyHair that aren't cause by a user error (not installing correctly, for instance).

No idea about NMM as I don't/wont use it.

Having all of the FasterArrows .esps active is silly; pick one and deactivate/delete the rest.

That. Those unnecessary mods.

SkyHair is a very well known mod, and many people (including myself) use it without issues. Try using the ShowRaceMenu Precache Killer SKSE plugin to deal with the crashing having so many hairs causes. Note that this only stops crashing in the character creation screen, no where else.

There are no other issues I know of with SkyHair that aren't cause by a user error (not installing correctly, for instance).

No idea about NMM as I don't/wont use it.

I've tried to install other mods and cleaning them as you showed me and I've realized something. It seems the more mods I have installed the more CTD errors I have. Tried with different mods and the results were the same. I know its not a solution but I though it may help you to find it.

@MarQuan: The Helgen sequence is both an intro to the game and a tutorial. It is heavily scripted and there is very little you can do that is not following one of the two possible nearly identical paths you are forced into. Very few of your mods are doing anything at this time and are just taking up space. The scripts in the mods can cause problems with the Helgen scripts - crashing & strange things happening. The cosmetic mods - those that change your character appearance are usually not a problem - but disabling most mods until you exit the cave may get you past that part.

On exiting the cave - make a permanent save before adding any mods. then - add the mods back and test - if it works - make another permanent save - these will be you fall back for testing when you have problems later.

Come to think of it I read that more scripts = more problems, just didn't connect the dots.

My original setup might just work, thanks very much!