Bonk mod not working

FaustoMuscas

I can't get Bonk (https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/50227) to work.

although it appears in the mod configuration menu, the options to change the keybinds aren't there and I haven't been able to actually trigger a bonk.

Since it's a purely lua mod I thought it might have been due to a mod conflict so I disabled every other mod and even started a new game but it didn't help.

I think the problems are caused by these two errors, related to Bonk and it's requirements, that I found in MWSE.log:

Lua error encountered during UI event from element Page_Keypress:
.\Data Files\MWSE\core\mcm\components\settings\slider.lua:52: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'value' (a table value)
stack traceback:
	.\Data Files\MWSE\core\mcm\components\settings\slider.lua:52: in function 'enable'
	.\Data Files\MWSE\core\mcm\components\component.lua:196: in function 'create'
	...a Files\MWSE\core\mcm\components\categories\category.lua:99: in function 'createSubcomponents'
	...a Files\MWSE\core\mcm\components\categories\category.lua:108: in function 'createContentsContainer'
	.\Data Files\MWSE\core\mcm\components\component.lua:191: in function 'create'
	...ta Files\MWSE\core\mcm\components\templates\template.lua:95: in function 'clickTab'
	...ta Files\MWSE\core\mcm\components\templates\template.lua:129: in function <...ta Files\MWSE\core\mcm\components\templates\template.lua:128>
Error in event callback: Data Files/MWSE/mods/Bonk/modules/check/functions.lua:54: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
	.\Data Files\MWSE\core\lib\event.lua:166: in function '__index'
	Data Files/MWSE/mods/Bonk/modules/check/functions.lua:54: in function 'check'
	Data Files/MWSE/lib/WulfLib/modules/check-1.3/functions.lua:62: in function 'basics'
	Data Files/MWSE/mods/Bonk/modules/knockout/functions.lua:3: in function <Data Files/MWSE/mods/Bonk/modules/knockout/functions.lua:2>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	.\Data Files\MWSE\core\lib\event.lua:179: in function 'trigger'
	.\Data Files\MWSE\core\lib\event.lua:199: in function <.\Data Files\MWSE\core\lib\event.lua:169>

Unfortunately I know nothing about programming language so I have no idea what they mean.

I was hoping someone could inform me and maybe help me find a solution to the problem (assuming that this is what's causing issues).

Looks like you're not the only one: https://forum.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=10471253/&do=findComment&comment=119859518

I think it's something for the mod author to fix

Error in event callback: Data Files/MWSE/mods/Bonk/modules/check/functions.lua

yeah... I also posted in that comment section alongside some other people who where having the same problem but they haven't gotten a response from the author, infact, from what I can tell, he has been MIA since august of 2022.

Strange thing is, in that same comment section, there seem to be people who downloaded the latest update and it worked for them so it must work for some people.

I guess I'll keep waiting, maybe I'll try getting in thouch with the mod author, in the meantime if anyone knows anything it would be much appreciated.

Okay so I've managed to get the mod working for the most part.

All I did was download and install both pickpocket and stealth overhaul aswell as their respective patches from Bonk's files section, these two mods are recommended to be used with Bonk but aren't required, at least, they're not supposed to be, however with them installed the error message is gone and I've actually been able to trigger bonks aswell as get the correct messages on my hud, stealth overhaul in particular seems to have done the trick.

One thing is still not working though, the option to change key binds in MCM is still not there, however by going to the Build.lua file located in MWSE\mods\Bonk\modules\clean I found out that the default button to tie up NPC is left shift, you can probably change it from there if you know a little about coding or through simple trial and error.

I hope this might help out other people who are having similar problems