Add interiors to empty builidings

joshua121

Playing fallout 3, I've begun to wonder if 200 years magically made all of the doors fall off the buildings that don't have something to do with the quest lines. The majority of buildings I come across are empty shells, that have a door I can't access.

I really want to make interiors for these buildings to flesh out the wasteland world. It really annoys me that most of the buildings I come across, I can't get into. It makes the game world seem very static.

Most of these buildings have a similar shape, and I think we could pretty much use a few base level designs, and put them out there for other modders to fill in the bells and whistles. Because the skeleton of a lot of the levels are monotonously similar anyway, and most of the time it's the decoration and placement of things that really fills in the gaps. I think that would really make for some differing material even if we did use only 3 or 4 interior level base designs with no filler, just the level it's self.

There are lots of buildings with no walls that I can see into but there are collision boxes keeping me out. Visually they look good, but it really cuts down on the realism of the environment. If anyone is good at that stuff and interested in this idea please contact me, or just make the modifications so that we can walk into areas that look accessable, release them, and please tell me about it.

I would do that part myself, but I don't know how to do collision work for meshes myself, or really do meshes at all yet, but I can do nice textures, and I can do interior level design. Most of my experience is with Oblivion modding but I've begun switching over, and most of the GECK seems very similar.

I'm going to get started on some building interiors, and I would really like to have other people working on this too. The more people working on it, the faster and more diverse it will be.

Also if there is someone with more experience in leading a mod team, I would be happy to hand over the reins on this project, I'm more concerned with a better game environment than I am with being a teamleader when I don't have experience with that. I have more experience in doing mods by myself.

Anyway, I would really like to see this done. So I look forward to hearing from you guys, and I would really like your input and Ideas about the kinds of things we could put into all of these empty buildings.

Joshua121

Im fairly certain there is already a mod with this single goal, of adding interiors to alot of the buildings in fallout3 that currently have none... i forget its name... maybe 'expand the wasteland' or something.... ill have to go check...

anyways, im not trying to discourage you, I really think you should keep it up, but if someone already made the interior for a building you might want to know before you spend time working on something thats already been done.

You could more than likely revise or add onto that mod (if its still active) or maybe even take over the project and release updates for it with your own additions (if its not active and still being worked on anymore)

I gotta run but you should look out for the mod i cant recall its name offhand, but its like, expand the wasteland or something

Im fairly certain there is already a mod with this single goal, of adding interiors to alot of the buildings in fallout3 that currently have none... i forget its name... maybe 'expand the wasteland' or something.... ill have to go check...

anyways, im not trying to discourage you, I really think you should keep it up, but if someone already made the interior for a building you might want to know before you spend time working on something thats already been done.

You could more than likely revise or add onto that mod (if its still active) or maybe even take over the project and release updates for it with your own additions (if its not active and still being worked on anymore)

I gotta run but you should look out for the mod i cant recall its name offhand, but its like, expand the wasteland or something

I just went through fallout nexus and searched wasteland, but I didn't find anything that filled up the empty buildings. If you could remember the name of this mod you think may be done already I would love to know what it is.

And Either way I would still like the collision fixed on the building meshes around DC.

Thanks

Archived