ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Your way to make it work

Avendil

Hi guys,

So after 6 months or so, i've decided to get back to Skyrim. And, when I was playing, I was adding mods like a total noob using NMM and have had many issues. I only used NMM and BOSS but with more than 50 mods installed, ti wasn't enough. I've found on the Nexus a way to clea my old saves, so I plan in re-modding all over again.

I wonderend if there was a toppic with all the logicials you could use to make all this sweet alchemy work, but found none. If there is, I apologise ^^. So I'd like to know if you guys could give me some names about the logicials you use, not explications about how to use them (all the tutorials are here on the forum or on Youtube), just their names :)

Thanks !

PS: sorry for my bad english, hope you can understand me ^^.

You are looking for a mod order list?

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Hearthfires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
Like this?

Well, I dunno. I have 127 mods running and about 150 installed (some were conflicts and I just left them there when I found something better). Never had problems not related to load order and conflicts though. So maybe the first thing to do when modding is just look for conflicts and possible conflicts, plus load order related errors.

NMM and BOSS and a bit of manual thing. Some mods aren't getting sorted correctly by BOSS, or I want a certain mod to overwrite another one. An example is Grass on Steroids. I load it near to the last so that it will overwrite any other grass texture mod I may be using, so it would basically use some of the new textures plus enhancing grass density WHILE enhancing FPS. :D

What I do is I never use NMM to download from Nexus. I always download manually and put it in a folder structure of my own design. Equipment mods to a specific folder, Texture mods to another, etc. So I know which of my mods changes which at a short glance (Open my Mods folder and then look under which folder). I however use NMM to install and activate this via the manual add-file method. Then I run BOSS. So far everything's been dandy. The only ones I have to manually move is the ReProccer esps, and the Grass on Steroids esps.

I'm gonna go back to skyrim too, in fact. I'd like to ask; Is WryeBash complicated to use, or does it take time to do what it's supposed to do?

Also, is there some sort of tool that tells me which mod is conflicting with which in case something wrong happens?

Edited by itsthecrazydude

Ok so I'll work on this "WryeBash". As far as I know bashed patches are like packs of mods you put together right ? Should help, yeah.

@ itsthecrazydude : Well I guess that after watching a couple of tutorials it should be fine. I think Gopher has done one back in the days, not sure though :x

Edited by Avendil