[Updated] New NMM version out, help us out and update to it (also, X R

Dark0ne

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Nexus team!

When I saw last week that you all were going to be doing this, decided to wait a bit before even opening NMM and follow any news from you. Surprisenly did not effect my game play at all . ;-)

Saw today about needing to upgrade. Read in this thread about not upgrading through your existing NMM but from the site instead. Followed instructions and everything went well and all is still in order. Shocking I know! :O

My best show of appreciation will be to get upgraded to Premium. Just going to let the dust settle a bit more first. As shown above patience has it's vertues. :-)

Thanks again!

Hate to complain but the new NMM is corrupting my plugins.txt file every time I add a new mod. Presumably if I remove or modify them as well. Whats happening is that it is incorrectly saving the file with two skyrim.esm entries. This wasn't a problem before as the old NMM was unable to modify the plugins.txt file before and skyrim itself would simply add the new mods to the list for me. Now whenever I use NMM I have to manually correct my plugins file. Is there a way to stop it from modifying this file as I couldn't find any option to do so?

I'm with Zinman.

Keep up the effort on getting things running smoothly and don't worry about trying to keep the legacy support. It might be a concern if hardware requirements were going to increase significantly. But, if it's just a matter of being inconvenienced by having to download and up grade the NMM, then don't worry about it. It's a minor inconvenience. We can live with that.

I'm with you in regards the priority of getting things operating smoothly.

It seems that you guys read my mind.

I was going to suggest setting up a dedicated server (node) for the NMM. But, I did not want to anger anyone, especially with all the hard work you all have been putting into the nexus as of late.

Making NMM open source is also a great idea. It will not only allow for some fresh eyes, but also take some of the accountability off of you guys. Of course, we all know that you will be moderating its creation, but at least the whole process will not rest solely on your shoulders, giving you more time to focus on your main objective...The sites. :)

I truly appreciate all your hard work and time you all give to a bunch of us impatient, often whiny, "gamers".

Keep up the great work! :D