[Updated] New NMM version out, help us out and update to it (also, X R

Dark0ne

In response to post #10766298. #10775528, #10777588 are all replies on the same post.

If I would have known that, I would have done that weeks ago. It might say to do that somewhere, but if it does, it's garbled up within another thread somewhere. If someone were to post this little tiny piece of information somewhere, it would probably halt 80% of your negative comments here.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEED SERIOUS HELP before my son kills me. Ok, I used to be a tech and still am to an extent. One of those things that you never really forget how to do. My 15 yr old son was having trouble connecting with Nexus and stupidly all I told him was he just needed to download and update to the newest version. I keep forgetting that he refuses to look up this stuff and still expects me to walk him through it. Needless to say, this has become my fault that I didn't help him and now Nexus doesn't work.

When he updated he installed the new version into a subdirectory of the old version, because, and I wish you guys would fix this because it's kind of a nuisance, he selected the drive and then selected the folder and when he selected ok the setup automatically put another folder of the same name which he didn't catch. Anyway, when he went to run the program it removed all of of his mods because it couldn't find them in the current Nexus folder.

I copied the folders to his desktop and then uninstalled Nexus and reinstalled it to the proper directory. I then copied the mods to the cache folder so that they would show up in the mods list. However, when we activated the mods, even though it said that they were installed successfully, they didn't show in the plugins side and they weren't installed to the Skyrim\data folder.

I've tried just about everything I can think of. I've uninstalled it a couple of times and deleted the folder once after doing so. I even tried reinstalling SKSE, BOSS, and Wrye Bash just in case, but none of these have had any change either.

Thank-you in advance

Ok, I tried my old tried and true method of getting rid of a program, but there are still traces of it somewhere. Uninstalled program, checked user directories and removed instances of program left behind, searched registry for nexus and removed all instances. Rebooted and reinstalled and the same problem exists. I really hate when programs don't remove themselves completely especially when they're open source. That's a corporate trick that open source was supposed to remedy.

@ESfan2011;

Better lesson to teach your son: Don't use beta software unless you know what you're doing, and don't mind if everything goes sideways.

Well, he's gotten the message of reading up on things before just blindly doing it. However, it would be nice to know where the hidden files and registry entries are so that I don't have to reimage his computer.

No hidden files or registry entries in NMM. None.

That it now doesn't seem to behave could be a result of the troubleshooting steps after the non-standard install. Hard to say...

Beta software is labeled as such for a reason.

Using it, (whether you know what you're doing, or not) is a risk.

Taking that risk without being prepared to suffer the consequences of a failure (full back-up anywhere?) is a lesson that's better learned with a computer game than, (for example) with a financial management program.

That said: Have you placed all the mods in the location that (the currently installed version of) NMM expects to find them?

No hidden files or registry entries in NMM. None.

That it now doesn't seem to behave could be a result of the troubleshooting steps after the non-standard install. Hard to say...

Beta software is labeled as such for a reason.

Using it, (whether you know what you're doing, or not) is a risk.

Taking that risk without being prepared to suffer the consequences of a failure (full back-up anywhere?) is a lesson that's better learned with a computer game than, (for example) with a financial management program.

That said: Have you placed all the mods in the location that (the currently installed version of) NMM expects to find them?

I have tried that. I have tried downloading from a folder on the desktop so that it would be the same as a fresh download from the site. However, no matter what I do when I activate the mod it doesn't install it to the skyrim data folder and thus doesn't show up in the plugins side even though it says it was installed. The only thing I haven't tried yet and that's only because it seldom works is a rollback.

Edited by ESfan2011

@ESfan2011;

Clean install of game.

Clean install of NMM.
Re-install of mods (easy, since they're already downloaded).

Had to do this myself, multiple times, with DAO trying to troubleshoot things after the 1.03 patch debacle. (Well, without the NMM piece, obviously, since there was no NMM back then.) 24GB d/l. No fun, but got the job done.

@ESfan2011;

Clean install of game.

Clean install of NMM.

Re-install of mods (easy, since they're already downloaded).

Had to do this myself, multiple times, with DAO trying to troubleshoot things after the 1.03 patch debacle. (Well, without the NMM piece, obviously, since there was no NMM back then.) 24GB d/l. No fun, but got the job done.

Ok, I'll have him give this a try and get back to you. Thank-you

I've had to do a couple of game reinstalls due to mods messing it up. :)