ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Pirates Cove - Trying to revive this mod!

Tehandyman

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the Blood Horker outfit from Shadowjin, retexured by Tehandyman:

http://i.imgur.com/zUiAxim.jpg

That looks great.

Not to mention the town is lacking skull and crossbones like nobody's business.

I've started making a couple pirate banners, but not much else Skull-wise.

Edited by jdude97

Judging by the description, this little Town of illicit business seems a bit too close to Winterhold for my personal comfort.

So unless this Town paid some hefty bribes to the Jarl, how could they get away with all their thriving, "tax-free" and illegal businesses:

--Smuggling, piracy, illegal, unlicenced mining and smelting, fishing and poaching, Ale, Mead and Wine brewing and Liquor distilling, Gambling, Prostitution, etc?^^ :wink:

Just a few crazy ideas to possibly avoid the unwanted attention of those most inconvenient and meddlesome "Authorities" and their inevitable TAXES...^^:

If it could be possible, why not use an already-existing, remote Isle named Rockjoint Island?^^

--This Pirate Cove Town, if re-located waaaayyy out there, could perhaps be made into a sort of "sequel" to the vanilla "Rise In The East" quest.

--The Fort of Japhet's Folly could be fully rebuilt, cleaned and appropriately re-furnished, but THIS time, with trapdoor access to both tower-tops, and the magical concealing fog-bank could be restored for maintaining discretion.^^ :wink:

--The tiny "Sea Cave" and wrecked smaller docks could be rebuilt and used for small boats only.

--The destroyed main docks would need rebuilding to accommodate large vessels.

--The Smelter would be a VERY busy place guaranteed, owing to the mineral wealth scattered all around nearby Broken Cape and Hsaarik Head.^^

--perhaps a small, hardy farm with: a few small fields of "winter wheat", snowberries, other hardy, cold-tolerant produce, a few cows, goats, chicken-coops, hay-bales, etc. for keeping some small measure of self-reliance and lessening the need for supplies...

Hope these ideas help, whether you decide to re-locate to Rockjoint Island and re-build Japhet's Folly or not. Cheers! :D

Mind = blown.

Wow, I know I'm not participating in the making of this mod but I am very anxious for it to come out, wanna try it very bad since I have a pirate character, this mod will be awesome for it and it is indeed an awesome mod, this teaser makes me want it even more, but if you are willing to accept the opinion of someone who wants to play this mod for real, I agree with AmandanBezerk about the Island location, it should be more far off the coast, and the other ideas are pretty good too :) Anyway, keep up the good work guys.

Wow, I know I'm not participating in the making of this mod but I am very anxious for it to come out, wanna try it very bad since I have a pirate character, this mod will be awesome for it and it is indeed an awesome mod, this teaser makes me want it even more, but if you are willing to accept the opinion of someone who wants to play this mod for real, I agree with AmandanBezerk about the Island location, it should be more far off the coast, and the other ideas are pretty good too :smile: Anyway, keep up the good work guys.

While AmandanBezerk has some great ideas, the town is placed so that it is very hard to reach. Either swim in lethal ice water or fall off a glacial cliff into the town. At any rate, I have given it some thought before, I wish I could shroud the water entrance with a permanent fog cloud animation. If anyone knows of a mod that adds massive fog banks, that would be supremely helpful.

At the this we don't really want to move the whole place however I have a quest that will fix the problem with the Jarl of winterhold

Awesome, I had a few ideas about that as well...glad you've got it covered, can't wait to play this mod myself! Haha

(Edit: Grammar fail)

Edited by Artparker

While AmandanBezerk has some great ideas, the town is placed so that it is very hard to reach. Either swim in lethal ice water or fall off a glacial cliff into the town. At any rate, I have given it some thought before, I wish I could shroud the water entrance with a permanent fog cloud animation. If anyone knows of a mod that adds massive fog banks, that would be supremely helpful.

Ow ok, goog then, that is the kind of thing I was hoping to find in this mod, looks like I won't be dissapointed then :) You guys are awesome.

@Artparker:

For the fog that you were asking about, have you tried "Supreme and Volumetric Fog" by MannyGT?

I've been trying to copy-paste the mod-link for you right here but it's NOT working for some stupid and irritating reason.... :mad:

Just type "fog" in the 'search' bar here on the Nexus to get a whole whack of "fog"-related mods, including the above. :thumbsup:

Edit: Sorry I forgot to add:

Your little enterprising "Town of Wickedness" will also definitely need a few tanning racks and some fish and net-drying racks as well, for all that illegal poaching of fish, meat, hides/fur pelts, and horker-ivory.^^

After all, people gotta eat and keep warm, as well as get rich, right?^^

Cheers! :D

Edited by AmadanBezerk

@Artparker:

For the fog that you were asking about, have you tried "Supreme and Volumetric Fog" by MannyGT?

I've been trying to copy-paste the mod-link for you right here but it's NOT working for some stupid and irritating reason.... :mad:

Just type "fog" in the 'search' bar here on the Nexus to get a whole whack of "fog"-related mods, including the above. :thumbsup:

Edit: Sorry I forgot to add:

Your little enterprising "Town of Wickedness" will also definitely need a few tanning racks and some fish and net-drying racks as well, for all that illegal poaching of fish, meat, hides/fur pelts, and horker-ivory.^^

After all, people gotta eat and keep warm, as well as get rich, right?^^

Cheers! :D

Just contacted him, we'll see if it can be done! :)