UPK Utils

wghost81

Maybe try putting some log statements in there and check the log to help in debugging. the LogInternal function is opcode E7, takes a string and then "none" as arguments. E.g:

E7 1F <%t "Log test!"> 2A 16

You can log the floating point pct value by using a primitive cast float-to-string (38 55) and using that as the 1st argument. Then check the log in the Logs folder (sibling to the save folder where your saves go) and see what's going on.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is asking a lot but would you consider adding a feature to PatchUPK that would allow changes to text files? For example, to add a new second wave option now the user has to edit XComGame.int and add some lines. Imagine if you could do something like this in the patch file:

TEXTFILE=XComGame\Localization\INT\XComGame.int

[BEFORE_TEXT]
m_arrGameplayToggleTitle[28]="Perfect Information (#28)"
m_arrGameplayToggleDesc[28]="You will see enemy to-hit values."

[AFTER_TEXT]
m_arrGameplayToggleTitle[28]="Perfect Information (#28)"
m_arrGameplayToggleDesc[28]="You will see enemy to-hit values."

m_arrGameplayToggleTitle[29]="My new Option (#29)"
m_arrGameplayToggleDesc[29]="New Option."

The TEXTFILE file name would be relative to the selected XEW folder. This could be used to change config and other text based files.

Edited by SpazmoJones

*THAT* would be useful -- indeed. With all the changes applied to two such INT files by my ReCLR projects... automating the edit steps via PatcherGUI could allow better control by modders and users alike.

PatchUPK has 'UPK' in its name for a reason. :wink: Working with text files is a bit more annoying than working with hex code, at least for me. :smile: Anyway, I can look into this when I return to my updated GUI version of XCOM modding utility. TW3 really threw me off, I'm sorry guys. :) I need to finish some things for my real life work and then I'm going to update the utilities.