Wolfenstein vs Doom 4

GenDonuts

Hey guys I was looking at some new Wolfenstien pics and was wondering which new ID game will be better Doom 4, or the new Wolfenstien? :thanks:

Well this is just to see where peoples interests lie. Plus depending on which of the previous games you liked more such as: Doom 3 and the last Wolfenstien game then they should be able to choose. :thumbsup:

I'm more interested in Doom 4 for the simple reason that it is the only series of the two that I am familiar with. Wolfenstein was a bit before my time. I haven't played either Doom or Doom 2, but I know a bit more of about them than Wolfenstein too.

Anyways, if I understand correctly, Doom 4 is a remake of Doom 2. Fighting demons on Earth? Definitely win.

• 2 weeks later...

I've played them all and seen the "Movie" (which was OK but more Hollywood than DooM)

Based on the gameplay of the last DooM game, I'd prefer a Wolfenstein game. The whole cheap-trick of magically stick a demon behind me was WAY overdone and made for rather tedious gameplay. A straight-up war against a foe would be much more fun than cheap scare-me tactic which do not work when it is the primary focus of the whole game.

LHammonds

I'm not that hyped for Wolfenstein. In my opinion, the market is saturated with WW2 themed shooters and I really got sick of fighting Nazis, even paranormal ones. This game won't be special.

You, my friend, have not played Wolfenstein 3D, have you? One of the reasons why I anticipate Wolfenstein is because I get a pang of nostalgia whenever I remember Wolf 3D. Ah, those were the days. A next-gen revamp sounds great.