Dance animation after Fus Ro Dah shout, which mod does this?

Billy1969

I've been plagued for weeks now by a mod that adds a stupid dance animation after using the Fus Ro Dah shout and I can't seem to find which one it is,

I have a load order of 2.5k mods and 25k+ animations so it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

While funny at first, the dance animation isn't funny at all when the remaining standing ennemies hammer me after a Fus Ro Dah shout while performing a stupid dance for several seconds so I want to get rid of it, anyone knows which mod it is?

Edited by Billy1969

If it is only that shout, I would start by using SSEEdit to see what overloads that particular ability's Spell form.

In particular: looking in SSEEdit, Skyrim.esm, under 'Shouts'

Unrelenting Force (13E07) is linked to three spell forms for 1,2 and 3 - word effect. 3-word links to: Spell: 13F3A (VoiceUnrelentingForce3)

Opening up that form under 'Spell' category shows that it includes following effects:

VoiceUnrelentingForceEffect03 (7F82F) - if subject is not immune to it.

GenericDamage (EA075)

VoiceUnrelentingForceEffect02 (7F82E) - if subject is immune to effect 03 above.

Additionally, there is an overload from Dragonborn.esm, adding a 'Disintegrate' effect (401FF2B)

Here, there might be another mod, also overloading this spell, most likely adding an extra effect, or some other change. If so, that would be the culprit. If not, you need to drill down to the effects.

I'd say, primary focus would be on: VoiceUnrelentingForceEffect03 (7F82F) .

Again, see if any mod overloads this effect. Note also that this mod has a script attached: voicepushefffectscript.

Go to your Data/scripts and see if you have 'voicepusheffectscript.pex' there. Normally, it should not be there cause that file is supposed to be in Skyrim - Misc.bsa

If you have that file, move it to some other location or just delete it. If you use Vortex, try deploying your files, and see which mod complains about this file missing.

Regardless, if nothing is overloading the spell or any of its effects, and you get rid of the script file (or it is not there), it means the mod author decided to be real devious.

It could be a script that subscribes to some animation event, such as 'shoutRelease', and is player current equipped shout is Unrelenting Force, plays the animation. And the author may have neglected to include the script source code, so you can't really grep it....

Thank you very much for the help, going to check things out in SSE Edit this weekend and see if there's indeed an override there, if there is none it I was thinking it could also be a DAR mod that adds conditions for an animation to trigger, I also have a ton of those... and yes it only happens with the Fus Ro Dah shout, all the others work as intended with no added animation; thank the Divines lol

Found the culprit, for some reason, probably as a penalty for using the shout against immune ennemies, the mod Ultimate Shouts adds a strong stagger effect to the player after using Fus Ro Dah shout VoiceUnrelentingForceEffect03 (7F82F) if the target is immune to it. I mistook the stagger effect for a dance lol, I just removed that condition from it and now no more dancing.

Edited by Billy1969