Texture shows up in Construction Set but model is invisible in game?

kingxp3000

I've repaced the Oblivion Vaermina statue with one of the Skyrim mod statues. (for personal use)

The mesh shows up correctly in game but when I add the texture the model becomes invisible.

When I open the same exterior location in the Oblivion Construction Set everything looks correct with the correct textures.
Ig the textures in the CS and the Game work diffrently? Could somebody explain this to me. Thanks

https://imgur.com/qgCoKeF (without texture)

Solved: Setting the material alpha with Nifskope to 1 instead of 0. (sometimes these thoughts just come to me lol)

Edited by kingxp3000

I'm using mod organizer but even when I place the mesh and textures directly in the data folder I get the same result.

Nope the statue is there, if is delete the textures the model is purple if i add the textures the model is invisible.

I did convert the mesh from skyrim to oblivion could it be that the texture files are diffrent? But why are they showing correctly in the cs then? :confused:

Okay srry I found it!!! During the conversion the material alpha went to 0 instead of 1 lol

Thanks for the help! :)

Edited by kingxp3000

One of the Bethesda rules is that we do not take assets from one of their games and put them into another. That, however, can not stop us making a similar asset. This is Riften Village running on Oblivion, fully remodeled and textured from scratch.

Where it seems you may have broken the rule, wouldn't you rather remake whatever they did even better?

Especially where it is running on an older engne.

The only place I can see in NifSkope is to select your mesh in the right hand panel and in the left side panel open the tree so that you can see the NiMaterialProperty. Single left click that to highlight it and in the bottom Block Details panel you will scroll down to find Alpha. If I'm correct you will see 0.0000 in the Value column ... double click it to edit and change the Value to 1.0000 and then Save As from the File dropdown menu.

Of course it would be prudent to either save with a new temporary file name of make a backup beforehand.

The game's 'error codes' for missing normal maps are either complete non-reflective black or invisible. Do you have a normal map assigned (e.g. MyRedCuirass_n.dds) that has the exact same name as the assigned diffuse map (e.g. MyRedCuirass.dds)?

Also note that the folder paths must be the same as assigned to the NIF in NifSkope and NOT absolute folder paths (so nothing showing in NifSkope before the Textures folder ... no <Drive letter>:\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion showing in the NiTexturingProperty -> NiSourceTexture field) ... although that isn't the source of your problem as your computer has your exact folder path, but anyone who doesn't have the game installed in your exact folder path (say installed on D drive vs you if yours is installed on C drive) will have the invisible or other error codes showing.