ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Cannot access site on Windows 10 without blue screen

SuperTN

That's a windows problem, not a nexus problem. Could be corrupted driver, or system file, or, rarely, failing hardware.

Open up an admin command prompt, type in SFC /scannow and let it complete. If it finds corrupt files, run it again, until it doesn't. Then reboot. See if things are any better.

Guest deleted34304850

There appears to be errors on Nexus Mods that have caused a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION blue screen on my computer when opening the site however it hasnt caused any problems on other devices like my iPad.

that would be quite the error if this website caused your pc to die.

check your hardware. it aint a website problem.

Guest deleted34304850

good to hear - you may want to run a healthcheck on your system drive - if you found drive errors that could be a sign that the drive is coming to the end of life and you could lose everything on it if it fails.

good to hear - you may want to run a healthcheck on your system drive - if you found drive errors that could be a sign that the drive is coming to the end of life and you could lose everything on it if it fails.

This is really a good idea. What baffles me though, is the fact that on most systems that I work on, the "Smart Check" for harddrives is usually turned OFF in bios.... What is the point of that???