More fixes: Wiki, download history, favourites games, profiles

Dark0ne

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please tell me when its safe to update. using old version in offline mode. scared to advance.

Safe (or as safe as one can reasonably expect BETA code to be. If you're "scared to advance", perhaps you shouldn't be using not-yet-ready-for-primetime software. :whistling:

@Avatar1971

please at least have a mod tell us that you are aware (or not) of the issue and at least received the reports with a recommendation of what we should do about it, IE wait, delete and reupload

So, you think that every time a report is made, the developers should stop work on what they are doing and give a comprehensive reply, possibly even engaging in a dialog with each and every one of hundreds of members that make reports? If they do that, then not much actual work would get done would it? :huh:

They do read every report and do take them seriously. And may PM the person who made a report for clarification. As for telling you what to do - if you are reporting something new - then even we don't know what to do yet. Some bugs will get more attention than others, depending on the severity and how easy it is to fix - sometimes a really simple but inconsequential bug will be fixed quickly - just because it is easy. While a serious bug may take a while - because it is not easy. And our developers need sleep and down time also.

The moderators here are not the developers. Each job is far too time consuming for them to be combined. The moderators also don't try to second guess the developers by giving advice on stuff we don't know anything about - like when a particular fix will be available. About all we can say with any assurance of being right is a fix will be released when it's ready. :thumbsup:

In response to post #10685147.

I understand you guys are busy, like I stated in my post, before the part you quoted. However every post in the NMM bugs report section gets a reply to it within 1 to 2 days at most. A simple I'll look into it, like what happens sometimes in that section, would be fine as well. That is much better the nothing at all. This simple thing lets people know you at least saw the post. You guys always ask for constructive criticism and that what that post was as well as asking if I need to do anything about the problem or just simply wait. Here is some more constructive criticism for you now.

If your going to respond in one bug report thread, then why not the other thread too? Look at that section I don't think anyone official has responded to anything in it in several months at least. Your users do not have ESP and have no idea what you see or what you don't see. It just seems darn odd to me that one thread gets constant feedback and the other one is dead with zero feedback. Like I will say again, all it takes is one sentence.

There has only been 20 posts total in 10 days in that section, compare that to the pages and pages in the other section for the NMM bugs just in the last few days alone and yet every single on of them has an official reply from a moderator, every single one. I waited 10 days before I asked about it in here. Your points would make some sense if you didn't answer every darn reply in the other section, but you guys do. So please explain how 20 people over 10 days it too hard in the Nexus Websites, but a few hundred in that time are easy in the other section, Mod Manager Beta, for you then? I didn't ask for a comprehensive replay from a developer, I asked are you aware of this and if I should just wait or if I should reupload the file. I even asked what would be best for you guys to have me to do to help things out on your end didn't I?

Another thing I am going to say is you personally bben46 is you should work on your customer service, your post to me implies that your time is valuable and important yet mine is not. Last I checked people don't get paid to make mods to post on this site for you do they? They make them on their own free time and that is just as important as your working time that you get paid for. Without them you might not even have a job to do.

Now I made clear that I get that you guys are all busy right now and even said I was sorry about having have to ask the question in here. I felt I had to ask because the person that started the bug report, and the other users like myself, got no response about it after 10 days.

Lastly you need to think about this fact, you could have answered every one of the 20 posts on page one of the bug reports under Nexus Websites, with one line only, in the time it took you to type and post your reply to me that was not even helpful to anyone. You could have used one liners like "we are currently working on this" maybe "we will look into this issue" or even "we have seen your report and will look into this." If there is an answer to the problem then your darn right you should post that as a reply to the issue if you know how to fix it. If you don't know what the issue is, then just say that. Don't be like EA and just ignore your users altogether, or post about how your time and efforts are more important than your users time and efforts are. That doesn't accomplish anything.

In response to post #10695345.

Then I am grateful for all your donated time to this site. bben46 mentioned working with the developers so that gave me the impression he was paid for his service and now I can see why he isn't paid by his response. If he worked for me, he would most certainly be in my office getting some remedial training on how to handle situations like this. Truly I thank you mod's for all your help you give to people when you can. I feel bben46 deserves a turd sandwich however for that reply as Dark0ne likes to say.

Since you seem to not have a mod for that bug section would you like someone to watch that area for you? I may be able to help you at least post a "we got your report and are looking at it" reply so people know that the issue is at least being looked at. That is much better than no response at all for the people looking for answers to any issues they might have.