More fixes: Wiki, download history, favourites games, profiles

Dark0ne

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, 46 stopped working today. I reinstalled it bc I have a manual exe of 46 saved. I have 45.7 and one other save of NMM. I installed 45.7 over 46, offline mode only. Reinstalled 46, still will not run. Suggestions?

In response to post #10648446.

Frankly I'm in awe of anyone who is looking forward to the 'Profiles' feature for the next release of NMM. I can barely keep track of what mods I've installed, and in what order, and what each of them effect, for all of the games that I mod, now, without having to keep track of multiple profiles!

I don't see the problem with different profiles. I've been using them through Wrye, since it was Mash, not Bash, Smash or whatever it's calling itself these days. It's a wonderful tool for creating unique characters each with their separate mod sets. Once the mods are installed properly you can switch them off and on for each profile without any problems they don't all need to be reinstalled or uninstalled each time you switch between profiles.

I am a little concerned about adding the feature to NMM only because it's already a wonderful utility that's been having some problems lately and those problems should take priority over new features.

In response to post #10628486.

Dark0ne said this already. Not sure how to quote people.

This isn't the place to report any sort of bug with NMM. The NMM bug tracker is, which can be accessed via the links within NMM or in the top right hand corner of the forums. Thanks.

Hope that helped.

Any word on the wrong file names showing up for peoples mods? There is a bug report in the Nexus Websites area about it but no mods have responded to any issue for a few weeks now in that section of the bug reports. My mod (in the Mass Effect 2 game section) still has the incorrect file name listed, do I need to delete the file and upload it again? Can people endorse those files with wrong names? Should we wait and not delete those files so you can figure out why it isn't listing the correct file name?

I understand you all are very busy with all the changes (that are for the better in my opinion) but you ask us to do bug reports and not post here, then please at least have a mod tell us that you are aware (or not) of the issue and at least received the reports with a recommendation of what we should do about it, IE wait, delete and reupload, etc. There are at least 4 people that reported on this so I don't know how wide spread this is. If it is wide spread, it must be really confusing to new users to see a mod called one thing, but the file name says something else and often it has something to do with another game altogether. Sorry to post a problem in here but that bug report section seems dead as far as mod responces go.