Need some help with Physics - TY in advance

pyrealnova

Anyone know of some good video guides on how to set up physics for this game?

I mean I am no genius, but I am smart enough to figure out most stuff and I am just completely lost in this.

I use vortex atm, and there are just so many diff physics mods out there that seem to conflict. Moreover, many of the armors I want have a mixture of different mods they support.

CBBE

UNP,

CBBE 3A

UNPB

BHUNP

etc

I assume I have to pick one of these and stick with it? Currently I have all of those except UNP, but I have no idea on load orders, how to test etc...they all seem to conflict when I install in Vortex.

Also what determines what my npc looks like. Is it the outfit or their body? I mean I think i can use bodyslide, but it does not appear to do anything when I change stuff.

Any help is really really appreciated.

Edited by pyrealnova

You need to pick a single body type. Any armor you choose to use for it later should be picked in the same body type as your player (if you're BHUNP, any armor that has BHUNP variant included, CBBE >> CBBE variant, etc)

CBBE-3BA and BHUNP are the most recent versions of the CBBE and UNP body "families" respectively, and afaik are very popular, although you may want to investigate body types a bit more, especially if you're playing as a male character... but no matter which you pick, make sure to check the requirement list for whichever you pick and adhere to it.

You'll want to install Bodyslide and Outfit Studio to "build" your player body and to fit armors to that body shape.

When nude, the player will be displayed as the nude model (or never-nude as the case may be) you have built for it.

When clothed (ie wearing a body piece), the player's body will take the shape of the clothing/armor's "reference body" (an embedded body mesh used by armor), which will either come (in its source mod) fixed to one shape, (mainly older armor mods. it's a crap shoot if it will match or come close to a player's body) or it will come with Bodyslide content that can be used to fit it to the player body in the Bodyslide application. Normally, you "fit" the armor to the player nude body shape (or a slightly tweaked "clothed" variant)

First, you need the core.

SKSE64, Address Library SE, PapyrusUtil SE, Racemenu, FNIS (or Nemesis) XP32 skeleton, CBPC Physics, HDT-SMP (Or FSMP on AE)

Roughly in that order as you will find further ones requiring previous ones.

Once you got the core in place:

For guys, there is HIMBO . If you want the manly bits, search LL for SoS. I strongly recommend also looking up Erstam Papyrus SoS implementation - it works quite well and removes reliance on a .dll.

For girls, you have to decide. There is CBBE and UNP. Vast majority of clothes/armors etc comes in both variants and it really is not that hard to convert from one to other. I personally think that CBBE has better representation.

If you decide CBBE: You need CBBE and 3BA . You decide UNP, get BHUNP.

These two types define somewhat different ways in which the skeleton nodes move in response to movement and gravity, so body reference meshes are weighted to the skeleton a bit differently. But you definitely can have NPCs with BHUNP bodies and clothes in your game if you have 3BA (they will just move according to 3BA algorithms) and vice versa. If you mix UNP/CBBE body/hands/feet on same character, you will have wrist/ankle gaps. Also, skin textures are not compatible. If your default body/skin is CBBE and you install a follower that has custom UNP body but uses default skin, she will look rather weird when undressed.