Help me solve skin light problem

Andyc199

Hey guys just this week i got myself back into modding an playing Skyrim and just yesterday i started having a problem with NPCs and myself having strange skin texture problem.. iv uninstalled an reinstalled mods related to the body an non has worked.. even removed it all together..

im currently using Diamond skin and fair skin

and you'll notice in one of the pictures that one npc has no skin texture problem but another does..

You really should describe in more details what you consider to be the problem other than make others try and deduce.

In first post picture, the problem I perceive is that NPC on left has matching head/body texture and tint while one on the right is mismatched.

This essentially means their head tintmask under textures\actors\character\facegendata\facetint does not match the skin tone indicated in the NPC record in the .esp.

And/Or their head mesh in meshes\actors\character\facegendata\facegeom has custom textures specified for the head shape which are different from the texture set used for the NPC body.

You have to use SSEEdit to see if some mod overloads an NPC, giving them a different skin tone or body texture set.

In the second pic, all I can tell is your shadows are really messed up.

If you are using ENB, you should up your shadow quality. Also, in Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition, edit SkyrimPrefs.ini, in Display section, set: bSAOEnable=0

If your affected character isn't sporting an effect like facelight (which might cause that in certain lighting), then I might suspect too much contrast with brightness trying to "balance" the lighting scheme, which often results in a washed out look to brighter tones (I say this from prior work on static pix, not animation or the game, so grain-of-salt rules apply)