Modding Newbie: Editing Hand Placement on two-handed weapons.

Jukingbox

So I've been playing modded Skyrim SE on and off for about a year now, and a lot of my focus has been on finding mods that affect combat and weapons. I myself am steeply inclined towards two-handed weapons: greatswords in particular. I'm always on the lookout for more mods that affect them and make my character look cooler when holding and wielding them. I'm no professional modder myself, but I've taken a fancy to using outfit studio to edit greatsword meshes to align with my preferences, particularly when some aspect of their proportions are wrong, like a hilt being too short or a pommel too small. That, however, is the extent of my modding acumen. As for other aspects of two-handed weapons, such as idles and combat animations I have to turn to other people's work. These two mods in particular have interested me:

Leviathan Animations: Two-Handed High Stance

Elder Souls - 2hm replacer

I've been weighing these two and switching between them, but deciding between the two isn't what I'm asking help with. What I am asking is:

How do I edit hand placement on the weapons ?

What I want to do with either of these is get the left hand lower on the hilt so that the character looks to have more leverage over it. The position in the Elder Souls mod is almost there - just a bit short of the length of most greatsword hilts that I use. The high stance mod has the hands even closer, which also irritates me.

EiRheunt_400x400.jpg

It's a pretty minor thing, I know, but it's huge for my immersion. I've always had a fascination with historical weapons and techniques and even got into HEMA three years ago with a Regenyei Spadone in my possession to do solo drills with. Getting the hand placement right would do a ton for my immersion. Even without a knowledge of these weapons, I know there's others who feel like the player's hands are waaayy too close together on these weapons and that it winds up looking a bit wonky.

So with all that said, what I want to know is, where do I start in fixing this issue? I already have two mods to choose from that I could possibly edit, but if anyone wants to help me get started making things from scratch, I have no objections. As long as the bottom line of editing hand placement is met, I'll be happy.

It is not outdated. The problem is that there are practically no tools available to work with SE format animations directly.

AFAIK, all animation work needs to be done in LE format, and then hkx files converted to SE format using a converter included with SE.