bunch of mods not working and I think the problem is skyUI

Xxgxxaxx

I just got into modding skyrim so I grabbed a bunch of mods but some don't seem to work,

the biggest notable problem is that I don't have a mod menu, not like the list of all the mods I have active. I mean a section in the menu that is used by some mods isn't there.

Which means item spawning mods can't function, I wanted Marikas dress and I downloaded both mods it suggested, both of them don't work.

another mod I wanted to use is ostim and it's add ons osex oprivacy ect, but for some reason I can't start scene's. characters just stand there and do nothing

which leads me to believe skyUI is the culprit, when I look in the games mod list skyUI is always disabled, and when I enable it I crash my game when changing area,

any help would be nice, let me know how I can help you understand my issues better, and if you are feeling extra helpful we could chat on discord which would be much easier.

Anything the player can wear either has to be natively compatible and shaped to fit the player, or it has to be fitted in Bodyslide to the player.

Although some come "ready to play (even if the wrong shaped body), many newer armors and clothing come in such a state that they MUST be fitted prior to use, or they will not have sufficient resources to display in game. You might end up with missing parts of the body that clothing or armor was meant to show up on, you may have odd colors, you may notice nothing at all, other than the <insert name> you just put on, doesn't seem to have been put on at all! (it's invisible, since something's wrong with its mesh, so there's nothing for the texture to attach to), or in some cases, the game may even crash.

In addition, you need to make sure to pick armor/clothing that matches your body type. Failure to do so can lead to some other oddities and some of those above.

I can't really answer on the other stuff since I don't use Osex

SkyUI needs an update in order to prevent the game from unloading it when you use the in-game mod menu.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/67166

That said, if you are using a real mod manager (Vortex, MO2, even NMM) you should NEVER USE THE IN-GAME MOD MENU.

Mod managers and the in-game menu use different methods of controlling the mods and they do conflict in some ways. If you need to get mods from Bethesda.net you should convert them to mods that your mod manager can properly manage.

SkyUI needs an update in order to prevent the game from unloading it when you use the in-game mod menu.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/67166

That said, if you are using a real mod manager (Vortex, MO2, even NMM) you should NEVER USE THE IN-GAME MOD MENU.

Mod managers and the in-game menu use different methods of controlling the mods and they do conflict in some ways. If you need to get mods from Bethesda.net you should convert them to mods that your mod manager can properly manage.

thanks for that, I tried downloading the mod even attempted to place it correctly in the load order but it seems to not work.

My game even crashes when trying to exit or enter a building, any other suggestions?

Anything the player can wear either has to be natively compatible and shaped to fit the player, or it has to be fitted in Bodyslide to the player.

Although some come "ready to play (even if the wrong shaped body), many newer armors and clothing come in such a state that they MUST be fitted prior to use, or they will not have sufficient resources to display in game. You might end up with missing parts of the body that clothing or armor was meant to show up on, you may have odd colors, you may notice nothing at all, other than the <insert name> you just put on, doesn't seem to have been put on at all! (it's invisible, since something's wrong with its mesh, so there's nothing for the texture to attach to), or in some cases, the game may even crash.

In addition, you need to make sure to pick armor/clothing that matches your body type. Failure to do so can lead to some other oddities and some of those above.

I can't really answer on the other stuff since I don't use Osex

thanks for this, but I really don't see how this pertains to my problems.

I don't have any outfit issues

Modding Skyrim has a learning curve... I haven't topped the curve yet, but I think I'm fairly handy in troubleshooting and mediating conflicts in my modlist

But, there are several things that someone would need to know to help narrow down issues...

(Pardon the potential dumb questions, consider it the IT in me... have you tried restarting your machine? jk)

- what mod manager are you using,

- what version of Skyrim (and are all the mods you intend to use compatible with said version),

- is your version of SKSE compatible with your version of Skyrim (required for a good many mods, including ones you've listed),

- all the mods you intend to use, do you have ALL their requirements met (ie, Ostim has a fairly lengthy list of required mods that must be installed, and each of those may have others),

- for the outfits, aside from building them in Bodyslide if required, unless they are built to be found in-game, you'll either have to learn console commands (and a bit of SSEEdit navigating for the item IDs) to be able to give them to your character, develop a plugin with a level list or place it somewhere in-game, or use a mod that allows to you browse through your modlist and cheat the item to your inventory (forget the name of the mod, don't use it anymore, I build my own distribution lists for immersion),

- do you have FNIS or Nemesis in your tools list... one of these will be required to generate the animation listings for OStim and MOST other animation mods (DAR excluded), or all characters will not have access to said animations, and possibly go into T-posing without it

- load order can be vital to conflict resolution, easily handled with a mod manager, LOOT, and patch generation via SSEEdit,

Not all mods have an MCM for in-game settings, item distribution, or the like

Far as Marika's outfit and OStim animations go, I can safely say that SkyUI does NOT affect animations or item distribution, and likely not the cause of CTD on location change

That's the short of it... there are a number of tools that may also be available to help narrow down specific causes of CTDs, such as .Net Framework if using SSE 1.5.97, if issues persist when all else fails

There are other crash isolation tools for other versions, but I have no experience past 1.5.97

Modding Skyrim has a learning curve... I haven't topped the curve yet, but I think I'm fairly handy in troubleshooting and mediating conflicts in my modlist

But, there are several things that someone would need to know to help narrow down issues...

(Pardon the potential dumb questions, consider it the IT in me... have you tried restarting your machine? jk)

- what version of Skyrim (and are all the mods you intend to use compatible with said version),

- is your version of SKSE compatible with your version of Skyrim (required for a good many mods, including ones you've listed),

- all the mods you intend to use, do you have ALL their requirements met (ie, Ostim has a fairly lengthy list of required mods that must be installed, and each of those may have others),

- for the outfits, aside from building them in Bodyslide if required, unless they are built to be found in-game, you'll either have to learn console commands (and a bit of SSEEdit navigating for the item IDs) to be able to give them to your character, develop a plugin with a level list or place it somewhere in-game, or use a mod that allows to you browse through your modlist and cheat the item to your inventory (forget the name of the mod, don't use it anymore, I build my own distribution lists for immersion),

- do you have FNIS or Nemesis in your tools list... one of these will be required to generate the animation listings for OStim and MOST other animation mods (DAR excluded), or all characters will not have access to said animations, and possibly go into T-posing without it

- load order can be vital to conflict resolution, easily handled with a mod manager, LOOT, and patch generation via SSEEdit,

Far as Marika's outfit and OStim animations go, I can safely say that SkyUI does NOT affect animations or item distribution, and likely not the cause of CTD on location change

That's the short of it... there are a number of tools that may also be available to help narrow down specific causes of CTDs, such as .Net Framework if using SSE 1.5.97, if issues persist when all else fails

There are other crash isolation tools for other versions, but I have no experience past 1.5.97

hello and thank you for this, honestly these aren't stupid questions at least to me.

I use mod organizer for my mod loader

I use the latest version of skyrim SE

I do believe SKSE is compatible

I think all the mods that I want have their requirements, though there are some issues, more on that in a bit

I have Nemesis but I can't run all the programs because some of them I just can't load

that is all you asked of me, now one problem I do have on occasion is that Jcontaines randomly turns off and that is important to Ostim.

hello and thank you for this, honestly these aren't stupid questions at least to me.

I think all the mods that I want have their requirements, though there are some issues, more on that in a bit

I have Nemesis but I can't run all the programs because some of them I just can't load

that is all you asked of me, now one problem I do have on occasion is that Jcontaines randomly turns off and that is important to Ostim.

you say latest version of Skyrim, you mean Steam version or GOG? JContainers hasn't been built for GOG, and only works on AE due to shared libraries between AE and SE...

Q: Anniversary (AE) vs Special (SE) edition?
A: JC is released only for SE and VR. It just happens AE shares the same runtime as SE. Therefore use JC 4.2.x or later, if you have AE or if you have the latest SE updates i.e. 1.6.x runtimes and later. If you haven't upgraded your SE, nor have AE, as always, choose a SKSE version based on your runtime, and then choose JC based on that SKSE.

Q: GOG edition?
A: Not planned, contributions are welcome.

I'm running 1.5.97 SE, and don't run Nemesis... I haven't had any issues with FNIS, it's worked for everything I'm aware of in my load order... If Nemesis won't run for you (or only partially), maybe give FNIS a shot

Just possibilities... specific mod interactions could be the cause of your CTD on location changes... recommend loading up Wrye Bash and verifying load order manually... it's color coded, and will tell you if any masters are missing as well, or specific mod's load order is incorrect...

Then MatorSmash, create a solid patch for all your mods, and verify the records that were created contain all the edits you want to keep (you can use Wrye bash to create a patch instead, BUT Wrye bash only handles certain types of records, Mator handles those plus many more)

Last suggestion, if you have any NPC edit mods, appearance changers and the like, some mods can cause a crash if NPC headparts don't match last mod edit (usually cause of blackface, but can also cause CTDs)... can't say that's entirely relevant, just another possibility

Edited by radiusrsatti

you say latest version of Skyrim, you mean Steam version or GOG? JContainers hasn't been built for GOG, and only works on AE due to shared libraries between AE and SE...

Q: Anniversary (AE) vs Special (SE) edition?

A: JC is released only for SE and VR. It just happens AE shares the same runtime as SE. Therefore use JC 4.2.x or later, if you have AE or if you have the latest SE updates i.e. 1.6.x runtimes and later. If you haven't upgraded your SE, nor have AE, as always, choose a SKSE version based on your runtime, and then choose JC based on that SKSE.

Q: GOG edition?

A: Not planned, contributions are welcome.

I'm running 1.5.97 SE, and don't run Nemesis... I haven't had any issues with FNIS, it's worked for everything I'm aware of in my load order... If Nemesis won't run for you (or only partially), maybe give FNIS a shot

Just possibilities... specific mod interactions could be the cause of your CTD on location changes... recommend loading up Wrye Bash and verifying load order manually... it's color coded, and will tell you if any masters are missing as well, or specific mod's load order is incorrect...

Then MatorSmash, create a solid patch for all your mods, and verify the records that were created contain all the edits you want to keep (you can use Wrye bash to create a patch instead, BUT Wrye bash only handles certain types of records, Mator handles those plus many more)

Last suggestion, if you have any NPC edit mods, appearance changers and the like, some mods can cause a crash if NPC headparts don't match last mod edit (usually cause of blackface, but can also cause CTDs)... can't say that's entirely relevant, just another possibility

so I am slightly stupid, I don't know how to find my version and I don't know about steam vs GOG, all I know is I play special edition that I recently downloaded.

I do run both Nemesis and FNIS does that counteract anything?

I would love to know how to use wyre bash, is there any video you can send me that would help set it up? or just a general explanation?

same thing for MatorSmash, I just like knowing what I am doing.

apologies in advance I am not good talking in text, and thnk you for sticking around to try to help me