Optimal VR headset choices for Skyrim?

zalama317

title says it. I've been playing Skyrim and Fallout and am about to dive into the vr aspret. I was wanting the communities opinion on which headset to buy. I have a psvr i cant get to work at all so I was thinking about an oculus but the picco 4 looks nice. Which headset do you guys use and which are easier than the damn psvr to hookup?

Can just say for myself. Pretty much any set that works with SteamVR will do. I played a lot of Skyrim VR using the original Oculus Rift, was not bad. Upgraded to Valve Index after, it is definitely way better, but need a beefy PC to really take advantage. Oculus Quest 2 also works via Link, but has much smaller FoV than Index. (89 degrees vs 110). Pico 4 is closer to Index in that aspect.

• 9 months later...

Also depends on if you use mods that darken the game and make darker nights and darker interiors , headsets that have LCD displays will produce grey instead of pitch black so you would need a headset that has OLED to get good blacks if you’re using mods that make the shadows darker , if you’re not using any darkness mods and playing vanilla where everything is brightly lit then any headset that you can play steam games on will do really