All or most mods vanishing after continuing saves

KingsKittens

I'm currently playing and modding fallout 4 on the Steam Deck. I have used and understand vortex mod manager. As well I have been pruning and fixing up my files so no conflicts are present and my load order isn't out of order or too heavy......

After several hours long play sessions no conflicts are met. Mods work and all is well. Game saves and no crashes are made. Yet when I return to the game. I would guess maybe 90% of my mods vanish from the game. Settlement items, armors, weapons, etc etc... They all vanish but are still in the game. All initial mod quest lines reload as if I started a new character and nothing can take me back to my previous save state. Reloading the game, reinstall, mod reinstall, plugin cleaning, F4SE updating.

I have no idea what is going on anymore and quite frankly I do not want to reload a new game every time.

I always spend my first 20 hours or so in a playthrough messing with sanctuary, mods and seeing how far I can go without leaving Sanctuary.

I just want to be able to play the game and not have my entire mod list 💩 itself as if I updated it.

Every "disappearance" happens for no good reason. No updates, no new mods. It just vanishes on it's own.

I can provide a mod list if need be.

How many mods are you running? Usually, when I see this kind of behavior, it's because you are over the 255 esp/esm limit.

I have 276 plugins active. I'm going to try a factory reset on my Steam Deck and retry all of this again and get back to y'all with an answer in a day or two. Thank you for the suggestion.

I've tried to lower my mod count so many times but as others can probably guess it's not so easy when you're aiming for a "Hard core + Realism + multi quest" Fallout mod build. Lol

That would be a problem. :D

So far fully resetting and limiting my Plugins to 250 (MAX), has been working. No CTD and no vanishing items. I also made sure no extra mods were stacked without proper compatibility patches.

My advice to others looking for an answer to this is,

Limit your plugin count, make a decision on what mods/plugins you genuinely need. Baby-Rock-Shaun might be funny and all but a plugin slot is a plugin slot.