Chat GPT and Fallout 4 modding

pepperman35

A lot of modders, including myself, struggle with generating precombined and previs data for their mods, I wonder how Chat GPT would respond to the following: Could you write me a detailed tutorial (i.e., step-by-step instructions) on how to implement precombination and previs into a new worldspace mod?

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say that the potential of AI learning and applications from a gaming perspective, voice acting perspective, base game coding and mod creation perspective, character model creation, etc etc is a lot greater than we are currently seeing. With the right programming these AI applications could, for example, examine the coding of a massive game such as Fallout 4 and optimize it to fix and repair bugs. Or improve on existing systems such as lighting and dynamic shadows without it screwing up your FPS.

Here is another fun one: Have the AI create your merge patches so even someone with NO skills in the CK or FO4Edit could have a perfectly functional game.

I'd say that the potential of AI learning and applications from a gaming perspective, voice acting perspective, base game coding and mod creation perspective, character model creation, etc etc is a lot greater than we are currently seeing. With the right programming these AI applications could, for example, examine the coding of a massive game such as Fallout 4 and optimize it to fix and repair bugs. Or improve on existing systems such as lighting and dynamic shadows without it screwing up your FPS.

Here is another fun one: Have the AI create your merge patches so even someone with NO skills in the CK or FO4Edit could have a perfectly functional game.

It will, some day, open up the option to have the AI turn an 'idea' into a mod (amongst others). Without all the hastle, learning curves and mostly... time.

Part of me wishes that day was today, the other part fears the load of crap mods which will flood the net in no time.