Using Bodyslide

Warhog67

I am trying to change the body of a well known and used follower. Serana. Particularly Seranahilic 1.8 ver. And I would also like to change her hair style permanently to a HDT-SMP Wig/Hairdo. But I am having troubles. I can do this with already done presets but in this case there is not one of her. I changed her Body fairly successfully and implemented it it Serana's actors folder with some luck. But trying to get to where I can also do this with a HDT-SMP Hairdo is going badly. My question is, is there a vid on how to add a HDT-SMP Hairdo to her folder so she has that style hair permanently? Help! I'm pulling out my real hair trying to figure this out. Also would like to make certain armors have physics to be able to apply to her.

TIA.

Ok, just tried it on my custom body Iona.

SMP hair is a skinned mesh, you can't really use it as head part. Which means instead, you need to change the chargen head to have a 'bald' hairstyle, and make the SMP wig part of 'naked skin' Armor.

1. Defined a new ArmorAddon pointed at one of the SMP wigs .nifs

2. Added this ArmorAddon to 'IonaSkinNaked' Armor and checked '31-Hair' slot in the armor.

3. Changed Iona hair head part to 'HairFemaleRedguard03' (pretty much shaved)

4. I went into game, fired up Racemenu, loaded my Iona head preset, changed hair to HairFemaleRedguard03, exported head.

5. Here I hit a minor snag - for some reason, head would export with no eyes or brows. Ok, so I opened my existing Iona head .nif, deleted all its hair parts (hair, hairline, scalp) and copy-pasted the HairFemaleRedguard03 from the new head.

6. This part I actually did earlier, but it is important: Created a Color Form with the RGB of her hair color. Then, in SSEEdit, I set her hair color to use that Color.

And that was it. She had the SMP hair in-game without having anythng actually equipped in the head slot. Putting on a hood or open helmet would replace the hair.

Oh, if I wanted to make it a package-able mod, I would need to copy the wig .nif and its accompanying xml into my own mod's folders - and I would need to change the NiStringExtraData in the wig .nif to point at another location.