Legends Lost?

wfandrews

I am stuck on the last part of Legends Lost quest. I get to the Abandoned Cave in the Sightless Pit but that is it. The only thing I can interact with in the Abandoned Cave is the entrance to the Refugee Annex, which is another quest entirely. I searched the internet and believe I am supposed to redirect the steam but there is absolutely nothing to interact with.

Any help would be appreciated.

Over-efficient "Housekeeping" perhaps?

AFAIK, If you've been to any dungeon or other interior space, and possibly "cell wide", where a quest resource has been prepositioned, and if your game, for whatever reason, is set to perform a dead body cleanup after you've exited the cell, EVEN IF you haven't directly interacted with the quest item, the resource point stage marker remains but the resource is deleted, once the background housekeeping is complete.

I installed some cool mod very early on to my game, that allows the player to use a level 1 fire spell to burn a bad guy out of existence (once dead, that is). It also handles the housekeeping of dead body disposals, I thought it sounded good at the time, since I was noticing a lot of corpses everywhere that after several game days I wasn't sure would ever vanish on their own, and it IS good overall...but............ it's a real pisser when I lose the chain on a quest from the caveat of using it.

First time I can distinctly remember discovering the loophole in the mod, I was doing one of the Solstheim quests where you find the steward, 'cept she couldn't' be found. I'd been through that cell earlier wandering solstheim prior to starting the quest. I had to jump the stage using setstage to get around it.

If you're lucky enough that it's just a setpoint (Ie, no included, but now absent item or clue), then push-come-shove, you can use setstage to leapfrog. But when you have to retrieve an item, like a quest-tagged instatiation of an item or a next clue, you're kinda humped. At least short of backtracking on your saves until you hit one that doesn't result in the glitch, be it "your fault" or just some skyrim-y glitch.

I also encountered the same basic problem at the mine in solstheim, because once again, my habit of heavy wandering led me through the cave before I triggered the quest. (I found the "hidden exit", and said, hey a cave, cool let's investigate!). In that one, once I actually encountered and did the quest, all the quest items were missing and no way to get out (short of TCL) I even had the sword from my previous visit but couldn't use it.

If you have to complete it or want to and it requires an item or some other action at the point beyond setstage, I'd at least give backtracking a chance. It works more often than not., Open a save well prior to quest. work your way back with no particular intent. Bam, it works right.

Good luck.

PS> ideally, such resources should be cloaked and un-affectable until the quest has been triggered, so that these situations couldn't break quests, although that's just so much pipesmoke 'academic' muttering. I doubt that actualizing such an idea would be easy at all.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I have been unable to get that quest to work.

I even went back to a save before I started the quest and still the same thing happened. I get to the Vault, the arrow points to the pedestal, I place the Attunment Crystal on the pedestal and that is where I am stuck. I can see the steam above me but there is no way to manipulate pillars, or whatever to redirect the steam to open the area where Wraithguard and the other item is. Also when I place the Attunment Crystal the exit to Skyrim is gone and there is no way for me to leave either the Vault or the Temple of Xrib Refugee Annex.

I am resigned to just never starting that quest.

I share your frustrations. If it's part of a larger quest line, you can still use setstage to complete it (again, unless it rewards the player with some essential item for continuing the quest line).

Unfortunately, I don't really follow the game plot much anymore (I wander for the most part) and don't recall if Legends Lost is one of those "sub quests" or if it spits out a shiny sword (or something) you need

I believe that one of my problems is that there are a number of quests associated with The Sightless Pit and I do not have the patches I need. For instance there is "Much Ado About Snow Elves" which takes you to the Annex and about two or three more that I found thru Google.

There are a couple of items you acquire through the Legends Lost quest but as I usually get those from More Interesting Loot Reborn it is no biggie. What I was trying to get the items thru. the Legends Lost quest was to see if LOTD would recognize them as it does not recognize any items you get with More Interesting Loot.

I didn't mean loot in general, I meant items that are specifically tagged *for* a given quest. For instance, suppose you did the mine quest (for the old man) on Solstheim. And like me, you did not find the sword that is left as a quest artifact (the sword that, as an integral part of the quest, you use to get out of that dungeon). You can't just 'add-item' it. Yes, you'll have the named sword, but it doesn't work on the dungeon "puzzle", since it's not linked to the quest. Another example is needing to find a book for a College of winterhold "bring me a this book" side quest for the librarian. (can't think of his name, not important) . Can't just give him ay old book with the same title, it has to be the specific copy he requested

(or perhaps Interesting Loot provides quest items? idk I don't use it. If it does, then a combo of using that and setstage should gain you every quest, granted, with lots of content cut out)

Thanks showler, I am starting a new game now as LOTD the Curators Companion just updated so will add those patches in my load order and see what happens.

If I remember correctly though I used those patches once and they completely FUBARed my game. May be thinking of another set of patches though.

I am about to start the new game with all those new patches, and man are there a lot of them. I have 117 esp and esm and 303 esl, the majority of those esl are patches.

I will reply on this post after I get to Legends Lost and play it and say whether I could complete it