Vortex failing to download mods

johnny32510

When I try to download a mod on nexus mods using vortex mod manager vortex pops up with the message ' Invalid download links' 'Download failed'

Iam using vortex version 1 7.7, and I am modding Skyrim SE. I have 233 mods and 166 active plugins and 157 light plugins. I am using windows 11 and my system has 8gb RAM x64 processor.

• 5 months later...

vmm is not working correctly for me either although i can manually download but the point is i pay an subscription for a service and part of that service is borked, clicking any mod to update immediately leads to a failed download, i am using firefox any ideas anyone ?

Just a guess, but I think Nexus is invalidating session info after some period of time, or connection inactivity. I can download files after a fresh connection is established after a reload of the client, but after time I begin to receive a failed download error 401 message.

If Nexus is invalidating the authentication token after some time period, Vortex should automatically request a new token and pass saved credentials. If Nexus is not responding to a request for a new token, Vortex should at least warn the user that a new session needs to be established, before the download just fails.