fps issue

wfandrews

Gnarly1 takes the prize. I went through all other suggestions but nothing worked, I then downloaded High FPS Physics Fix and my fps went to 61, which is where I had set it to in ENBoost.

HeyYou you are correct in saying that the game is quite playable at 42fps and if II could get no solution to what I considered a problem I would have played it at that fps.

I thank you all for your replies and suggestions

Gnarly1 takes the prize. I went through all other suggestions but nothing worked, I then downloaded High FPS Physics Fix and my fps went to 61, which is where I had set it to in ENBoost.

HeyYou you are correct in saying that the game is quite playable at 42fps and if II could get no solution to what I considered a problem I would have played it at that fps.

I thank you all for your replies and suggestions

Ok, I see that that mod also unlocks FPS. :D I am curious what was actually capping yours..... Just seems odd. :D

I am with you there HeyYou, while I am glad that I can now regulate my fps it would be nice to know what the cause of the problem was.

Is this going to be one of those "Great Mysteries" of life, that is never solved? :D

Trouble is, there are just way too many possible causes.... main game ini file, ini files for various other mods, or even F4SE plugins, etc. Or maybe windows just being windows. :D

Definitely something wrong with FO4 (either the game, mods or the NVidia driver). I have a similar RTX2070 Super & 32GB DDR4 at 3200. (I9 10th & 1TB in SSD's, actually had to install a mod to speed up the loading, as FO4 doesn't handle the speed of SSD's very well) When running vanilla fallout (without any mods) at the highest setting, removing the 60fps cap gets me 2300+ fps! (& lockpicking becomes impossible, so, keep the 60fps cap! the game uses & needs it)