Trouble getting F4SE to work

AlexanderDaGR8

This mod has been giving me trouble for a while now... I'm not too tech savvy and I'm still new to pc gaming, I've tried everything from uninstalling both the mod and game, reinstalling both mod and game, checking for updates, and verifying files. Nothing I've done so far has helped. I looked at a couple of articles, for some reason I'm missing f4se_loader.exe instead I have f4se_launcher not sure if it's any different or if it's what's causing the $no_f4se message I get when entering my game any advice is much appreciated.

Where did you download F4SE from? The only "official" source is silverlock.org. (or something similar....) And it should indeed be f4se_loader.exe.

Best bet is to grab the right version for your game version, and install it manually. Just drag and drop the extracted files into the game installation folder, where you find Fallout4.exe. Be sure to start the game with the F4SE_loader. I just made a shortcut to it on my desktop. Start steam, (if it doesn't start with windows.) let steam come up fully, then start the game.