i can't not launch vortex

kwel01

While in Task Manager, as shown above, click on the 4th tab, 'Startup' in English, I think your image has its label starting with 'D' - it is a bit too blurry for me to read. See if Vortex is somehow set to start up when you boot your computer. If you see Vortex on that list, simply change it to 'Disabled'.

• 2 months later...

W 10, Vortex doesn't start at all. It worked a few W updates ago. I downloaded all the versions, tried them all "uninstall" "install" nothing works. I set it "Run as Admin" to the same result. In the mean time, somehow starting the skse launcher gets me into the game (SkyrimSE) with every mod working. What, for Akatosh, is going on? And no, the program doesn't work in the background.Please, help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Same thing i am running into now.

restarts do nothing, reinstalls do nothing. i even went into my folder structure and deleted the leftover file folder after uninstall just in case. nothing.

Has a solution been found yet? does vortex tie itself to steam to think its running when its not or somethiing like that?

EDIT: found a solution, its a bit of a f*#@ around. i cant explain it but its probably shitty code that led to it. - go to your C; / Username / %appdata% / Vortex folders and just delete all the vortex folders in local, local low and roaming. if they need something in there it usually redownloads itself anyway. This sorted it for me. :thumbsup:

Edited by TherealSenninRiki