[Xbox1] Problem to port mods with .ba2 files (purple textures)

thomrobb

Hello!

So im a beginner in fallout's modding, and until now i mainly port mods to xbox (with author's permissions), simples mods with unarchived files, often low sized, and there was no problems, but i wanted to try to port mods with ba2 files (so just the esp, texture and main files) and i always got the same problem, lets take example with a weapon mod, i got the gun in-game, but textures are purples...

I try to found answers, but i dont got a very good english and most of the peoples who got the same problem where only on PC, its extremely rare to found help with xbox ported mods.

Its not a dlc problem, the mods i port dont need them, i always put the ba2 files in the xbox1 folder, i try to extract/archived again but nothing happen too, im a little desperate.

If anybody got the solution, i would be very happy, its clearly annoying :/

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I post steps by steps what i am doing to upload the mod, to be a little more accurate:

1-I DL the mod on nexus (the mod contain only 3 files: one esp, one textures.ba2 and one main.ba2, thats all, no loose files), i put it in my fallout 4's /Data folder (i even try to install it with vortex but the result is the same..). Since CK dont recognized ba2 files in /Data when you want to port mod to xbox (and there is no loose files in the mod i DL, already archives) i put the ba2 files in Xb1 folder.

2-Open CK and login to Bethesda.net.

3-Go to files->Data and i set as active the mod i wanted to port.

4-Then i click "Upload plugin and Archives to Bethesda.net", CK tells me there is already "Main.ba2" and "Textures.ba2", and if i want to use it, i click "Yes".

5-Finally i create the mod, name it etc. and upload it on Beth.net

And thats all, but i always got the same problem, purple textures, but the meshes and sounds are here and work fines. I try too to unpack/repack archives with archives2, change the compression, the files type etc, but nothing, always the damn purple textures :(

Edited by thomrobb

Thanks! But i already watch it, i try the solutions here but its not the same kind of issue..

But yeah, my problem is not to archive loose files into ba2, the problem happen when i download a mod already in ba2 files (the kind of mods with only 3 files inside: the ESP, the textures.ba2 and the main.ba2 and nothing else) and when i want to upload the mod to xbox, i got the purple texture bug :/

I put the main and textures ba2 files in the Xbox folder and let the .esp in data, as showed in the video, and thats why its frustrating, i really dont know from where does the bug come

Edited by thomrobb

>i always put the ba2 files in the xbox1 folder,

When you use the CK Upload Plugin And Archive for XB1 process, it automatically converts the loose assets to Xbox compatible formats and creates the BA2 archives.

Best not to try and populate the XB1 folder by hand.

ba2 archives for xbox use a special texture compression, if I'm not mistaken.

so if you try to use a regular ba2 on xbox, textures don't work.

or something.

Ho ok, so the problem can come from this, so maybe i should unpack/repack the textures.ba2 with another format?

>i always put the ba2 files in the xbox1 folder,

When you use the CK Upload Plugin And Archive for XB1 process, it automatically converts the loose assets to Xbox compatible formats and creates the BA2 archives.

Best not to try and populate the XB1 folder by hand.

Yup, sadly i already know that for the loose files, my problem is when the mod i want to port is only filed with ba2 files at the start and no loose file, i described the problem in my previous post, its a true enigma :/

So why not use the BA2 archive extractor that comes with CK to extract the assets from the archives ? Or is some other vital info missing ...

Yeah i just try that now, i try every settings, every compressions and every formats, and i still got the purple texture problem (i edit my first post so you can see step by step what i am doing)

• 10 months later...

Hi I got the same issue but for Skyrim on xbox. I'm also new to modding and somehow everytim I upload a plugin the textures always seem to be missing. My theory is that if you try to port a mod to xbox you have to make sure all the requirement for that mid is met. Like, I'm trying to port an armor with permission and for pc this armor has a bunch of requirements such as hdt. So you have to download all requirements first and then adapt the mod for xbox. Another thing might be you haven't integrated the textures into the mesh files properly?!

On 4/19/2023 at 8:05 PM, thomrobb said:

4-Then i click "Upload plugin and Archives to Bethesda.net", CK tells me there is already "Main.ba2" and "Textures.ba2", and if i want to use it, i click "Yes".

Tried clicking "No" yet?

Sounds to me its asking to upload the existing (PC) archives, or create new (XBox?) ones(?)

Beyond that: If you extract them (on a PC) & delete the texture archive, you simply have a mod with (partial) "loose files". You should be able to follow your 'old/normal' procedure from there.