Why no television scrap configuration?

wysiwyg

This has bugged me for a while now. The TVs sitting around barely gave any scrap like they were just some default values. I can see the component costs being updated in various mods for new televisions but there really just isn't a scrap item COBJ or scrap FLST for televisions. So, I added those and scrapping TVs worked as expected.

I use(d) Scrap Everything, Crazy Earl's Scrap Yard, and Workshop Rearranged which all have extra recipes, and they didn't add scrap for the existing settlement televisions either.

On a related note, radios do have scrap recipes and a list but the default Diamond City radios found in settlements (RadioDiamondCityReceiverOff) weren't included in that scrap LL. Adding that allowed them to get the configured scrap for radios.

Does anyone know of mods which update scrap recipes which updated them for the settlement TVs and radios?

Just wondering. No one is actively working on the mods I have with scrap recipes and it's probably not worth adding a mod just to get the right components for scrapping old TVs and radios.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The absence of a specific television scrap configuration is primarily due to the fact that televisions are considered electronic waste and require specialized recycling processes. TVs contain various components such as hazardous materials, heavy metals, and valuable metals, making their proper disposal and recycling essential for environmental and safety reasons. Recycling facilities have specific procedures in place to dismantle and recycle TVs, ensuring that their components are handled responsibly and that valuable materials can be recovered. Therefore, rather than a scrap configuration, TVs are typically recycled through designated e-waste recycling channels to minimize their environmental impact. check for more tech tips on tecale

The absence of a specific television scrap configuration is primarily due to the fact that televisions are considered electronic waste and require specialized recycling processes. TVs contain various components such as hazardous materials, heavy metals, and valuable metals, making their proper disposal and recycling essential for environmental and safety reasons. Recycling facilities have specific procedures in place to dismantle and recycle TVs, ensuring that their components are handled responsibly and that valuable materials can be recovered. Therefore, rather than a scrap configuration, TVs are typically recycled through designated e-waste recycling channels to minimize their environmental impact. check for more tech tips on tecale

In Fallout 4 I can scrap a nuclear reactor

In Fallout 4 I can scrap a nuclear reactor

And walk around with the stuff from it in your pocket. :)