GTA V-style character switching

Muffinrex5

I'm sure most of you've played Grand Theft Auto V. That game has an extremely nifty feature that let's you switch seamlessly between 3 different characters.

Why not do the same thing for Skyrim? Let the player create 2 additional characters, whom you can switch to, and not lose your progress. It would all happen on the same save (if possible), and in the same world. The three characters would have different inventories, skills, etc.

It would also be cool if all three characters started differently. For example: the first character could start in Helgen as usual, while number 2 starts as a poor farmer in Rorikstead and number 3 is a guard in Solitude.

When you switch, the other characters could live their lives, so that they would actually be doing something when you go back to them. Of course, they would not do anything dramatic, like murdering people and changing the world. But maybe, just maybe, they could (for example) be mining or farming by the time you switched back to them. Maybe even having some additional surprises in their inventories.

Would a mod like this be possible? I am not much of a modder myself, but I'm sure someone here could pull off something along these lines. I think it would be a great mod, and I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it! :yes:

To be honest, such a thing would need an insane amount of coding to do, and even then that level of coding probably isn't possible with the CK. It would no doubt require access to the source code, which no one except Bethesda has. All that aside, with the way the save system functions in Skyrim, there would be little to no point in such a mod, as the only reason it exists in GTA V is because they wanted to tell the story with three characters.

It's a good idea, but unfortunately one that's no doubt impossible/very difficult and wouldn't yield any particular benefit.