Where is the modding community?

AnonBuddha

I do not think there is a single central place that serves as the "modding community" for Skyrim. There are several sites dedicated to modding Bethesda related titles. Skyrim sections can be found at almost all of them. LoversLab (adult content), STEP, AFK Mods, TESAlliance and others

Bethesda used to have a forum that one could have considered the "core" modding community. But Bethesda shut it down. Now they have Discord servers (https://bethesda.net/en/hub/community). Whether or not those Discord servers perform the same function, I have no idea.

A number of content creators huddle around the communal fires at Discord seeking to stay warm and murmur about the coming of Starfield. Not a content creator, but the thought of Rigmor of Andromeda does give some hope.

I do not think there is a single central place that serves as the "modding community" for Skyrim. There are several sites dedicated to modding Bethesda related titles. Skyrim sections can be found at almost all of them. LoversLab (adult content), STEP, AFK Mods, TESAlliance and others

Bethesda used to have a forum that one could have considered the "core" modding community. But Bethesda shut it down. Now they have Discord servers (https://bethesda.net/en/hub/community). Whether or not those Discord servers perform the same function, I have no idea.

I don't think Discord will never replace forums. Sure, 'real time' chat has its place, but, there is no history to search, no archive of solved problems, etc. If someone encounters an issue, they have to ask all over again... Imagine if Discord were the only thing available when Morrowind was released.... you would have 3 million people asking about the Dwemer Puzzle box..... instead of being able to search out the answer..... It's my view that Beth did their fans a major disservice when they shut down their forums..... Probably earlier than that, when they migrated to Jive.... (a very appropriately named software package if ever there was one.....) That particular trick was the beginning of the end for the forums. After all, what is a forum that doesn't even support the most basic of formatting code?? I stated then that three teenagers with a zero dollar budget could (and HAVE) done a better job than beths "new" site......