[SSE] A thorough backup utility

gaoptimize

It's been more than two years since my last disk/hardware failure...too long. If I were to have one, I estimate it would take more than 40 hours to restore my Skyrim environment to the point where my existing saves might load. I believe this is partially due to the convenience and complexity introduced by Mod Organizer's "profiles" and the virual directory structure. Gone are the days when everything was is "/SteamApps/Common/Skyrim Special Edition/". I'd likely start fresh and abandon my current and beloved playthrough.

I would pay $30 to $50 dollars for a utility that would make a comprehensive backup of all related fires, including MO2 and Skyrim (Special Edition 1.5.97), so that it and the utility could be placed on a big USB drive and, along with Steam-based ownership confirmation, allow one to walk up to a Windows 11 computer and get back to where one was in an hour or less.

How about free? Would that work for you? :)

Macrium Reflect is a disk imaging tool, that the free version will do what you want. It makes a complete image of the disk, which you can use to restore it, in the event of a failure, drive corruption, bad update, etc. We use the paid version at work, and it works beautifully.