Premium Downloads Being Capped

duhoverdrive

Guest deleted34304850

i love it when people state "i work in IT" as if that gives them some superior insight.

if you work in IT, then that's quite the broad church. Do you work in networks? if so, what area? do you monitor? do you create/design and implement? are you familiar with network traffic, load balancing, packet shaping communication protocols and all that malarkey?

or do you just sit there opening tickets in remedy all day? do you ask people if they've cleared their cache and turned it off and on again?

I work with networks and firewalls on a daily basis. I also spoke with my ISP, and as I mentioned previously tested with Cyberghost VPN and got the same results. Only happens with Nexus Mods and only after about 2Gb of data is downloaded. My traceroute latency was fine per my test. I've even rebooted all of my equipment and had Comcast reprovision my modem.

To repeat: No other websites are giving me issues with downloads.

Gotta love when people jump on to white knight with personal attacks that add nothing to the conversation.

I work with networks and firewalls on a daily basis. I also spoke with my ISP, and as I mentioned previously tested with Cyberghost VPN and got the same results. Only happens with Nexus Mods and only after about 2Gb of data is downloaded. My traceroute latency was fine per my test. I've even rebooted all of my equipment and had Comcast reprovision my modem.

Gotta love when people jump on to white knight with personal attacks that add nothing to the conversation.

Here is a post from another member with Comcast, having pretty much the same problem you are......

Are you downloading large files from those 'other' sites as well?

Hello HeyYou,

Yes, I downloaded the entirety of Jedi Fallen order through the EA client at 50 Mbps. I have also downloaded several large files from Mega at similar speeds.

What format are they in? It's entirely possible that Comcast limits speeds on 'archive' type file formats.... If those others are also some variety of zip file.... that thought goes out the window.

I have dealt with comcast in the past. Technical support will NOT tell you that they throttle anything, even if they actually do.....

Guest deleted34304850

well i work with networks and firewalls to - how, exactly do you work "with" them? and, if you are some sort of network analyst, you'd know about packet shaping and isp-induced limits across certain connections and packet type - so, if you know all that, put it into practice and figure out why one but not all of your connections are working as you think they are (note you've not put any proof of other connections working better/faster hence my scepticism).

yes, i too, work in IT. i just don't use it as some sort of badge of honour given that if you're on the internet, you're workiing with networks and firewalls too........

Nobody is doubting you're having an issue. The unfortunate fact of the matter is that this isn't a problem coming from our side. It's very likely to be something at your ISP or just bad routing.

It's been mentioned a few times, but have you tried using a download manager which supports multi-threaded downloads? This is one of the simplest ways to get around Comcast's packet shaping (if that applies, which is likely).

Although the game isn't supported in Vortex you can still use it to download the mod. If you copy the URL of the actual download and click the dropzone at the bottom of Vortex's download page, you can paste it there.