Become High King Of Skyrim

Mopel

After the coup and while you are at war with the Uldric loyalists, you should be able to issue what armour and weapons your soldiers should use by means of using a special mannequin in the palace of Kings.

And after all the fighting you should be able to set the new capital of Skyrim, which can be any hold. This hold will give you a daily income by talking to the steward there. And maybe you could then solve the issue of the Dunmer refugees. Will you provide a safe haven for them? Or will you brutally oppress them?

Perks of being king these are.

After reading through this thread, I'm posting to state that I'd be willing to attempt to help in the creation of this mod. I haven't modded before, but I'm trying to find projects to learn from so I can branch off into my own mods, so I'd love to help create this if I'm needed.

You Stormcloak lovers are so selfish.

But that's the point. I'm not a stormcloak lover lol. I don't like the stormcloak cause. And I think it would only make sense being allowed to lead the rebels since the imperials are being led by a woman is nothing but a pawn. The Empire wouldn't let someone with a mind of their own take the throne with their support. Doesn't mean it couldn't be worked in. I just mean it couldn't use the same logic and reasoning.

After reading through this thread, I'm posting to state that I'd be willing to attempt to help in the creation of this mod. I haven't modded before, but I'm trying to find projects to learn from so I can branch off into my own mods, so I'd love to help create this if I'm needed.

Welcome aboard!

Most of the mod will be quests scripting similar to that of the Civil War questline from my observation. I don't think that will be too hard for a first time modder such as yourself. :D

And to Erenussocrates

The Imperials can't have the same quest because then you are copying Ulfric, but with no soldiers. The stormcloaks have been disbanded or are scattered too thinly by the end of the Imperial side of the civil war and the multi-national Imperial soldiers fight for the empire and nothing else, there is no one to rally to your cause as a result.

Why wouldn't there be? Maybe some of the fellow soldiers and officers come to realize that you are the right one for the throne too? It could be done in a thousand ways... I think it should be adapted for Imperial questline as well. Why would a player be obliged to join Stormcloaks if he wanted to become High King? As some of us loathe stormcloaks, we wouldn't want to join them.

Why wouldn't there be? Maybe some of the fellow soldiers and officers come to realize that you are the right one for the throne too? It could be done in a thousand ways... I think it should be adapted for Imperial questline as well. Why would a player be obliged to join Stormcloaks if he wanted to become High King? As some of us loathe stormcloaks, we wouldn't want to join them.

Okay then, we've mapped out what the general requirements are for a coup in Skyrim, because it will be independent, it will have soldiers that can be rallied and someone to dethrone right in the province.

But, are you saying Imperial officers and soldiers (who have been fighting for a united Empire under the Emperor) will join a cause to free Skyrim under your rule? It's what they were trying to stop Ulfric doing. The only other way is if you start a completely new rebellion, which we don't know how to handle, because their is no more army to rally (stormcloaks disbanded).

It does not work out, unless you want to become Emperor in Cyrodiil, which is a whole other story of it's own. However, I do have something like that planned in the back of my mind for the far future if this mod does well.

Plz, tell me about some of these thousand ways and how you suddenly rally a multi ethnic, fighting-for-empire army to the cause? It's like rallying the Thalmor against the Elves of Tamriel. But plz, do explain how this would be done...

Edited by Mopel

Let's stay civil, just for the sake of the mod. Don't bog the thread down with an argument over who is going to be receiving the quest. It was decided that it's a Stormcloak quest, because the idea holder believes that's where it makes the most sense. For more arguing, please take it to private messages. We need get a Skype channel or something going on another note... so that we can get started and all.

Okay then, we've mapped out what the general requirements are for a coup in Skyrim, because it will be independent, it will have soldiers that can be rallied and someone to dethrone right in the province.

But, are you saying Imperial officers and soldiers (who have been fighting for a united Empire under the Emperor) will join a cause to free Skyrim under your rule? It's what they were trying to stop Ulfric doing. The only other way is if you start a completely new rebellion, which we don't know how to handle, because their is no more army to rally (stormcloaks disbanded).

It does not work out, unless you want to become Emperor in Cyrodiil, which is a whole other story of it's own. However, I do have something like that planned in the back of my mind for the far future if this mod does well.

Plz, tell me about some of these thousand ways and how you suddenly rally a multi ethnic, fighting-for-empire army to the cause? It's like rallying the Thalmor against the Elves of Tamriel. But plz, do explain how this would be done...

Geez, can't you just work up your imagination yourself? Yeah, imperial army is multi-ethnic, so what? Does everyone know what exactly they are fighting for? Was it their choice that they took arms to put the rebellion down in Skyrim? Or were they simple soldiers/guards originating from a city of Cyrodiil, and they got picked from a lottery which would determine who would go to Skyrim by emperor's orders? Was it indicated in the game that EVERY member of Imperial Garrison was mindless robots who would follow the orders of Tullius and Emperor? NO. Which means, a party from Imperial army supporting player's leadership in Skyrim could easily be done as well. Jeez, can't you think these things for yourself?

Okay, an another plot. Let's say if you join Imperials, you don't have to climb to top in a violent way. Let's say every Legate, commander, and Jarls were invited to take part in the moot. And you have to work your way up to the top in a political manner, gaining favors of many participants? Or even a sub plot inside that, alternatively you win Jarl Elisif's heart and eventually marry her, which would assist your cause greatly.

There are countless possibilities guys, you use your minds yourselves... It is nothing but unfair to limit being High King of Skyrim to only Stormcloak path. Work your minds yourselves. I gave the basic ideas...

Edited by Erenussocrates

Geez, can't you just work up your imagination yourself? Yeah, imperial army is multi-ethnic, so what? Does everyone know what exactly they are fighting for? Was it their choice that they took arms to put the rebellion down in Skyrim? Or were they simple soldiers/guards originating from a city of Cyrodiil, and they got picked from a lottery which would determine who would go to Skyrim by emperor's orders? Was it indicated in the game that EVERY member of Imperial Garrison was mindless robots who would follow the orders of Tullius and Emperor? NO. Which means, a party from Imperial army supporting player's leadership in Skyrim could easily be done as well. Jeez, can't you think these things for yourself?

Okay, an another plot. Let's say if you join Imperials, you don't have to climb to top in a violent way. Let's say every Legate, commander, and Jarls were invited to take part in the moot. And you have to work your way up to the top in a political manner, gaining favors of many participants? Or even a sub plot inside that, alternatively you win Jarl Elisif's heart and eventually marry her, which would assist your cause greatly.

There are countless possibilities guys, you use your minds yourselves... It is nothing but unfair to limit being High King of Skyrim to only Stormcloak path. Work your minds yourselves. I gave the basic ideas...

There is no need to be this hostile and upset. We're just brainstorming ideas for a module for Skyrim, not formulating a plan for world peace. If you don't like the direction of the module, do not play it or associate with it. This is the internet, where we can choose what we view and what we don't. I recommend departing from the thread, and no, do not stick around and continue arguing for the sake of pride. Pride is a useless tool developed by humans to control and predict the actions of others.

Now, should we PM each other our skype names or what? I wouldn't mind getting started whenever, preferably sooner before I'm off of vacation from work and classes.