Base building item modification info request

tongwa

I'm hoping someone has some info or experience that can help me with a base building issue I'm having. I've been moving things around on my freighter and the Holographic Chart Projector, "BLD_PLANET_HOLO" is overpoweringly bright. If I can't find a way to turn the outer cylindrical grid illumination intensity down, I'm gonna have to live without it. I doubt there's anything I can do about it, but I'm hoping that someone might know of some possibility for changing some parameter in the JSON freighter base file. If someone happens upon a solution at any point in the future, please don't hesitate to mention it. I'll still want to know how to do this months or even years from now. I'm going to post the dimming request on Zendesk for now, but I have no expectations that it will change anything.

~TYVMIA Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. :smile:

PS. -- I could compensate for the overpowering brightness in my nVidia settings, but then other areas would be underwhelmingly dim....

• 3 months later...

Not a way to adjust this from the save file, as the applicable light data isn't in there. It's in the SCENE file for the object. MODELS\PLANETS\BIOMES\COMMON\BUILDINGS\PARTS\BUILDABLEPARTS\DECORATION\PLANETSYSTEMHOLOGRAM.SCENE.MBIN. You'd have to make a mod .pak with an edited copy of the above file with the changes you need, probably just dialing down the INTENSITY settings for the Orangelite, which by default is 3000