Is your personality in Oblivion different from the "you" in

Netwit2008

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oddly enough i am a really nice guy in RL but in oblivion I'm a huge assassin/theif which i guess is kinda like me cus i have a fantasy of being an assassin and i am a good thief even if i never keep the things i steal i just do it to test my skills at doing it, i once stole my friends ipod out of his pocket and waited for him to pull it out to use it and let him freak for a second then just whipped it out of my pocket and im like "looking for this?"

But that said personally I'd probably help people in RL more if i had better means to do so and im informatively helpful when ever possible and im a sucker for the underdog if i could get away with it i would prolly assassinate bad people of the world and pull robin hood stunts in real life...lol hell maybe if i lived in a different im a period i would XD

Also usually games where you can kinda chose multiple options ...i usually play through several times to feel different game play... every time i play oblivion im a theif/assassin

Well in Rl i am a good person,always there for people i love and others in general.

I can also say that i would make the ultimate sacrifice for my loved ones,but when i am betrayed i could really be an emotionless angel(off course i am not taking revenge against anyone because that is bellow me...i would never fall that low).And that reflects in my in-game. :biggrin:

i love being evil ingame, i could rampage all of cyrodill for hours on end. However my friend who frequently comes round my house loves being good so we make a character and take it in turns. So he will save a few people from an oblivion gate or something. But then i'll take over and frenzy the guard next to them to kill them :devil:

• 3 weeks later...
Depends ... what character am I playing? I role-play, which means I don't generally play "me" in any game, but assume the role of an entirely different person. I think I prefer stealth-based characters in Oblivion, even though I don't go around burglarizing houses, picking pockets, and murdering people in their sleep in real life. On the other hand, I might assume the identity of a goody-two-shoes and just do nice things for people in the game, too. It all depends upon my mood at the time I start a new game.

generally, i'm not all that nice in real life.

always irritated, screaming at people to get lost, losing my temper when they do something even slightly annoying.

it's not surprising i can't resist the urge to cut down people in the street when wandering around the imperial city.

I like to think that I'm a nice person in real life.

In Oblivion? Not so much.

A remnant from Morrowind, perhaps. I hated almost everyone in Morrowind and would level cities when I could get away with it.

In Oblivion, it's more a sense of tedium.

My characters have no morality because they see the world of Oblivion as I do, there's not a strong separation between the character I'm playing and myself in my mind, everything there is really there for my amusement. If I decide I want to wipe out an entire town, that's my prerogative. So I do. It's just a random collection of ones and zeroes.

I walk by the street and someone frowns at me, I kill them. Someone is rude to me or even some other NPC in a conversation, I kill them. I'm bored and someone is nearby, so I kill them.

Great thread idea.

As for me - in real life I'm too much nice. I always try to help other people even if it means problems for myself.

You're hungry? Here, take this bread, I'll rather die of starving than see you dying of starving.

As for the game, I'm trying to act as close to real life as possible. I don't like being too good, but I don't like being a psychopath in a game either.

When the situation demands it, I cut people like tree's in Oblivion, but when there is a second option I always think about what would I do if it all was real.

This may sound dumb, but a great example of that is that whenever I talk to beggar I give them that one single coin.

Giving away a single coin for me is nothing, while a single coin can save one's life.

I hate fighting with womans in Oblivion. I don't know why, I always feel wrong when I see a woman attacking me, and I know that I have to do something or I'm dead.

Next example is that I have altered the questline, to spare the lives of mythic dawn agents during the main quest.

The objective is mysterium xarxes, but since they haven't noticed me, why should I kill them?

They believe in their own Daedric god and it's their problem, AS LONG AS they do not try to attack me. If they do, they're pretty much dead.

And I mostly play as a sneaky marksman. While I love cutting stuff in half with deadly reflex, I mostly enjoy taking enemies down with one, unnoticed arrow.

This brings much more satisfaction, you have to find a good spot, aim and relase the arrow. Then you just observe how it flies and finally impacts the body of a bandit.

I had problems with Adoring Fan, because his ass-face was really pissing me off, and that idiotic yellow hair was like putting a parchment with "HERE I AM SHOOT ME" on your head.

Many lols were had at Dive Rock with him, but now I have acquired a possibility of sex change for him ( via the construction set ) so he or shall I say she, will be less annoying now.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice topic! :thumbsup: I have to say no, I have 11 characters 5 females and 6 males all of them suppose to be different but they all always ends up as evil characters, cold blooded assassins that kills every npc/creature they can find. In real life of course I'm nothing like that though I've created background stories and personalities for all of my characters and some of them especially my favorite character has some features of my own personality.

Also sorry for my bad English. :teehee: