How do I pass parameter to game launch

wizofid

I can't quite seme to puzzle it out. I have a steam game (x4 foundations) that I am using NMM and Vortex to manage the mods. In steam I can go into the game profile and set additional parameters. For example to turn on debugging or to set the sound throttling (-nosoundthrottle -nocputhrottle -skipintro). When I launch the game via steam it works as expected, But when I launch the game via vortex it does not. I also do not know if there is any advantage to launching the game via vortex. Can I just install the mods and then launch using my usual steam method?

I can't quite seme to puzzle it out. I have a steam game (x4 foundations) that I am using NMM and Vortex to manage the mods. In steam I can go into the game profile and set additional parameters. For example to turn on debugging or to set the sound throttling (-nosoundthrottle -nocputhrottle -skipintro). When I launch the game via steam it works as expected, But when I launch the game via vortex it does not. I also do not know if there is any advantage to launching the game via vortex. Can I just install the mods and then launch using my usual steam method?

Yep. Vortex is just a mod manager. It doesn't do anything special to launch the game. (unless you tell it to....) If launching via steam works the way you want it to, then just do that. Unless you are shuffling mods, no reason to even start Vortex.