PWR - Passive Water Resources vol. 1 trad

kanaky

I would like to translate this mod and post it on Nexus, but before doing so, I would like to know if I can proceed. I have tried to contact the mod author several times, but they haven't responded to my private messages or comments on their mod page. I checked for any restrictions or permissions stated by the author regarding this mod, but there is nothing prohibiting the modification or editing of the mod in the "Permission" tab. In your opinion, can I upload my translation to Nexus? I will provide you with the mod link so you can see that the Permission tab is empty.

Link: PWR - Passive Water Resources vol. 1

I hope he'll reply because I can see he's not in the habit of replying to these comments. But in a case like this where no prohibition is issued, does that give the right to update or modify a mod to put it on the Nexus?

I hope he'll reply because I can see he's not in the habit of replying to these comments. But in a case like this where no prohibition is issued, does that give the right to update or modify a mod to put it on the Nexus?

I note there are other translations linked on the mods page..... So, apparently, he doesn't have an issue with folks doing them......

Strictly speaking, no. Not having permission directly from the author means you can't upload/share anything.

The rules to keep in mind:

- Submission of existing user-submitted content without obtaining permission from the original author(s) of said content is strictly prohibited.
- Proper credit to the original author(s) must be given unless the author(s) has/have specified that credit is not necessary. Please, be aware that the mere accreditation of an author is no substitute for receiving explicit permission to upload or modify someone else’s content.
- Language translations should be submitted only as an addition that works in conjunction with the original file and you should link to the original file as a mirror or in your file description. Translations that include content from the original mod without permission may be subject to moderation and will be removed if requested by the original file author(s).
Edited by RoNin1971

Okay, so if I've understood your messages correctly, it's better that I wait until I get his answer.

That's why I preferred to have another opinion before committing myself to this translation.