What do folks do when a mod author has left

plapete

Good afternoon,

I'm wondering about others experiences with this topic. I use a fallout 4 item mod that the author has not been on since 2020. I've messaged them about adding it to another mod that would add functionality to it really nicely and is more recent. im wanting it just for my own game, and not for publication or money. Is it okay to just download both and via tutorials try to ram them together if I'm just using it on *just* my game?

I have no modding experience so it would probably be a time consuming process for someone who doesnt know what they are doing.

Thanks in advance

If you can't get permission (and the mod page doesn't explicitly have open permission) then you can't use that content.

This won't stop you from creating new, original content based on the same idea though.

Think you read that too fast. What he wants to do is combine two mods, for HIS OWN USE, not for publication. Something that is perfectly legal to do. It's the redistribution thing that is barred. What he does on his own computer is his business.