NEW SPACESHIPS, FANTASY OR REPRODUCTION

daveaspec

Well, there are 'cowlings' you can put on your ship..... so, you could probably get any look you want with the appropriate cowlings. :D

If we are lucky Beth has given us the variety of pieces needed to make a reasonable facsimile of most ships from popular sci-fi culture.

It's going to be another year or so before i have a PC that can run SF so that I can mod it. If no has added the meshes necessary to make my favorite Correlian Freighter models by then It will be my mission to make it so.

The next few years is going to be a whirlwind of modding because this game lends itself to almost anything people want to add. Depending on the game mechanics present it may even be feasible to go all in on the Star Wars and Star Trek universes IF Disney allows it. Might have to make knockoffs to get around the copyright. Laser Swords anyone?

Also I'm looking forward to the live action Rick and Morty total conversion. I think we will see more attempted total conversions than any other Beth game. Exciting times my friends.

I am just thinking back to Privateer, and Privateer 2. :smile: I was hoping they would get more in-depth on weapons available for ships. I saw a few beam weapons, but, don't recall any rockets/missiles.....

we have 5 types confirmed but two of them are unknown. laser, missile and particle are confirmed and i'm guessing the other 2 are electromagnetic and plasma

edit; actually it's 6 types, i forgot ballistic.

I am just thinking back to Privateer, and Privateer 2. :smile: I was hoping they would get more in-depth on weapons available for ships. I saw a few beam weapons, but, don't recall any rockets/missiles.....

we have 5 types confirmed but two of them are unknown. laser, missile and particle are confirmed and i'm guessing the other 2 are electromagnetic and plasma

Cool. :) Thank you. I am REALLY looking forward to this game, I hope it lives up to its hype...... Given that Beth has delayed it twice, maybe they have learned something from their past. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I was inspired by the images of the Star-field ship made in blender. However it fits what i call

the butt ugly theme that Bethesda has in it's games. The ships that they have shown that are made

in the standard ship builder look unwieldy, even with the cowlings they have shown. However the cowling

possibilities look endless. My favorite styles of ship come from Star-gate, especially the Tau'ri, since they

would be closer to the NASA-Punk aesthetic. I am surprised I don't see much talk about those in this thread.

The first thing I thought of when I saw one of the longer ships in the ship builder segments in the promos, was

the Aurora class vessels from Star-gate Atlantis. That one does seem like that much of a stretch.

• 1 month later...