Trying to add rouge specialization to my mage with no luck.

x1996x

So I was racking my head trying to somehow get my mage to have the duelist specialization. I think I got around half the process right, or so I would like to think.

My methods were as follow:

ABI_base_duelist.gda.
Copy pasting the duelist tree and changing the ID and ability type to 2 (spell) so it can show on the mage spell list.
In order to still have the rouge the ability to learn it I kept the original and changed the ID's to something else.

second thing was doing CLA_base_duelist.gda. Just changing base class to 2 (mage) instead of 3 (rouge).
Again not replacing the original so I changed ID's.

Last was guitypes_duelists.gda. Changing ID to match the previous ones. Having new id for the entry itself to prevent conflict.

The skills and specialization indeed appear in the menu and I am able to unlock it with level up and talent points.
Sadly however the skill dueling shows blank text during activation when hovering over the icon. The active icon itself is blank as well. The onesnot blank are the skill tree and the action bar.
The talent show no affect and tested with keen defense to see the +defense missing since attack is not a state that can be viewed in the game.
Active abilities of the duelist specialization doesn't work as well and says that I must have dueling activated in order to use them. Which further confirm that it doesn't really work aside from visuals only.

Here are images of the talent tree and the issues.
The two images at the bottom left showing the dueling skill both the blank icon and text while hovering over it. (I splitted the same screenshot to fit)

Bottom right is the is showing the skill require dueling which mean its not really working.
Top is just show I managed to add it to the tree and raise levels normally.

modding-dragon-age-origins-help-with-due

I tried for quite a while trying to make my mage a duelist and duel wielder too.

Yeah, besides passive skills, you can't just change talents to skills that way. There must be some scripting involved. I had the same problem.

In the end I made my mage a passive talent duel wielder instead (Melee Caster Class (Mage Class Reworked)).