Is Jarrin Root a game crasher now?

BlazeStryker

So, I'm plugging along, no problem, my mods are in like Flynn except for SoS (the dangly one, keeps saying the dll is wrong for my version of the executable despite the DL page saying otherwise but I digress) but I have a very specific crash to desktop. Simply put, if I taste-test Jarrin Root to confirm it really is the infamous toxic ingredient (Ordinator doesn't mess around; You have one level of Experimenter that opens up all the properties!) you need to chug about 3-4 potent curative potions to heal faster than the Root can kill you, but it works.

Then my game crashes a moment later. Nothing else I do is causing me to crash. Now, I do have the Top Gear Boys clip mod installed and certainly hear the "still, could be worse" (though that could have been the corkbulb paralysis) but I frankly doubt that a Richard Hammond clip's gonna crash my game. Hamsters don't work that way.

Just FYI, there is a Papyrus-based SoS .dll replacer by Erstam floating around LL.

The only thing about (vanilla) Jarrin Root is that it adds a magnitude-100 AlchDamageMagickaRate' effect that lasts 5 seconds and has a script attached to apply a PoisonEndIMod effect when it runs out.

So if you get your crash 5 seconds after eating it, there may be an issue with that. That said, Nightshade and Spider Egg (and a few others) got exactly that same effect on them. Have you tried eating those?

If not, then the problem lies somewhere in your specific tangle of mods, and you are pretty much on your own...