Skyrim lag/stutter issue

Goremegeddon3

Good day Nexus community

First time making a post like this, hoping it will work!

As the title suggests, my Skyrim Special Edition game just suddenly started lagging/stuttering. The issue makes the game borderline unplayable. My PC has handled SSE perfectly fine in Ultra up until this point. I've used many mods, but after removing ALL of them, the problem persists!

In fact, I've tried just about everything. Removing all mods (as mentioned earlier), starting a new save, validating Steam files, even reinstalling the game! Nothing works. I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. Like I said, I'm relatively sure this isn't a hardware problem, as Skyrim has worked perfectly up until this point.

I know this isn't a lot to go on (I'm not incredibly tech savvy), but I love playing Skyrim and am filled with despair at the thought of not being able to play it again. I pray that someone here can assist me.

Thank you for your interest in my post.

Are other games running fine? Any recent Windows updates? Video drivers up to date? Certain that game runs on primary video card and not on CPU integrated? How are your thermals? Did you check if GeForce Experience is trying to 'manage' your settings?

I've been having similar issues... Every 10 seconds there would be a brief dip from 60 fps to 54 fps. This problem persists for a month, then goes away for a couple months before resurfacing. I looked in my papyrus logs and there were a bunch of stack dumps, but I don't really know what that entails or how to deal with them.