Playing Anniversary Edition, can't load

KevinSmith7

Not sure what's happening or why, but ever since I updated my AMD GPU drivers, I can't load my game save. I have a level 81 character and am getting close to finishing everything I want, modded or otherwise, but I can't get back in to continue.

I've gone through with LOOT and cleaned any and all files that needed it, then updated the Bash Patch in Wrye Bash, and even verified files through Steam. Nothing's worked. I know it's not the mods, cause the game was working just fine the moment before I updated my drivers.

I have also tried starting a new game and playing a bit that way. Died, then CTD when trying to load the last save from there. Tried going back on that character, same result.

What could it be? What can I do? My final idea, the one I want to do last, is uninstall the game, then reinstall every single mod fresh from Nexus, and then reinstall the game itself. I really hope to get some help before then.

Have you tried loading an even earlier save, and using a crash logger?

What about copying the save, and checking it with a save cleaner (Resaver is the one I see mentioned most, I have not used it.)?

Are you running any of the engine fixes mods to help with save corruption?

Finally got a crash logger and did damn-near-everything I could think of, short of uninstalling all my mods flat out and reinstalling them. I did disable them all in my mod manager, but that only worked for a new character. I couldn't load anything from that unless I was playing the new character in vanilla, no mods at all.

I did get a crash logger, at least, but I have no idea what to do with it. Can't upload it here.

Before you hack on your install any further, did you check the SKSE logs, both the one in ...\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE and in the ...\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE folders? Might be some necessary information there.

The crash log can list routines/script executions/etc. I usually look for mod-related info there. There is a Crash Log Analyzer ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/89860 ) recently made available here on the Nexus, I haven't tried it yet.